iPod function on the iPhone...

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Crosby87

Oct 15, 2007
I don't have an iPhone yet....

does the ipod function require external speakers like the stand alone ipod, or does the iPhone have built in speakers? or does it play music over ear phones only?

sorry for the noob question...thanks

Fayewolf

Bronze
Oct 10, 2007
I don't have an iPhone yet....

does the ipod function require external speakers like the stand alone ipod, or does the iPhone have built in speakers? or does it play music over ear phones only?

sorry for the noob question...thanks
It has built in speakers, but it's very soft.

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
i listen to my iPhone with the speaker all the time.... it is not that bad.. i like the way it sounds.. i keep the volume at the middle... to high and it sounds bad..

Waveguy

Bronze
Aug 18, 2007
i listen to my iPhone with the speaker all the time.... it is not that bad.. i like the way it sounds.. i keep the volume at the middle... to high and it sounds bad..
I agree. They're not bad if you don't try to crank up the volume.

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com
i don't think the built-in external speaker is all that bad. i use it to listen to podcasts while i'm flat-ironing my hair or putting away dishes or something in the kitche and it's perfect. i'm quite happy with this feature for basic use on the fly - i dock it in my ipod hifi speaker for everything else.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Not only soft, but sounds like an old am radio. The headphones that come with the phone are nice though, so you don't need a dock to play music.
Um, soft?
It's not soft. It just doesn't have as good quality when it's turned all the way up. Mine's pretty loud.