iPod function question

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
hey I have a question about the video organizer in iPod part of iPhone , I have bought south park videos at different times and my iPhone makes a section that I click on then it takes me to all my south park videos I wanna do the same thing for family videos.. Is this possible? Thanks

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Never used that feature for videos, but I would guess that it has to do with the information encoded in the file by iTunes (the tag data). You should go into iTunes, see how the South Park episodes are grouped, then select all your family vids and edit their tag in a similar fashion.

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
i tried everything, and i cannot get this to work.. i feel that im so close but i cannot get the folder thing to work.... im on a mac .. any suggestions?

thanks

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
It might be grouping them as "Shows" so maybe that's what's keeping them together. Try making like a completely new genre, like Family, or something. Other than messing around with the Info option I'm not really sure what else to do.

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
yes i tried that... the genre.... hahah yes i maned it Family too.. but it didn't work... as of the moment they are classified as Movies.. i wonder if i have to make them Tv Shows...?

lefooey

Sep 28, 2007
yes i tried that... the genre.... hahah yes i maned it Family too.. but it didn't work... as of the moment they are classified as Movies.. i wonder if i have to make them Tv Shows...?
Yes, they have to be TV shows. Do a "Get Info" on one of your family videos, then select the "Video" tab. Under "Show" name all of your videos the same (this will be the grouping it uses) and then give them episode numbers (this determines the order they're displayed in). Make sure under "Video Kind" you select "TV Show."

That's it.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Yeah, I would go with changing them.

I don't put any movies on mine, though, so I wouldn't know.