iPod/iPhone hard-wired in car. adaptor?

ibTom

Bronze
Mar 21, 2008
Hi. I have a hard-wire install in my car so I can listen to my ipod on my stereo. It charges the ipod at the same time as well.

I know that they made some changes with the 3GiPhone's charge port (no firewire, I believe?)

My v1 iPhone also didn't work through my hard-wire setup. I was wondering if there is some sort of cheap adaptor fix for this problem, or I need to get a whole new cable?

THanks!

Mrsmaris

Bronze
Jul 15, 2008
IDK who told you this but I just plugged my iPhone 3g into all of my ipod accessories and it works the same and fits the same. I was told the same thing but i tried it myself and it works

Jun 16, 2008
Tinley Park, IL
my car charger works for my 3G, but my direct plug in for my car will only allow for music to be played, but not to be charged.... I was also told that it has something to do with the firewire pin?

Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
I have an Acura TSX with a built-in USB port for iPod/iPhone connection to the stereo. My 3G can play and charge through this. I just get an annoying popup that says if I want to be in Airplane mode because of possible interference. Never had that problem so I always choose "No."