iPod/iTunes

Mace0283

Jan 1, 2012
I have a 160gb iPod classic.. When I connect my iPod to iTunes, all it does is freeze my iTunes and my PC completely.. I've uninstalled iTunes and reinstalled it and that didn't help... Any ideas on how to fix this?

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
I guess I would recommend the following, but can't promise success:

• When you uninstall, then reinstall iTunes, be sure you're getting the latest version from here.
  • Make sure the iPod itself is functional--are all the songs intact and playable?
  • Do you have access to another computer that you could connect it to and see if the same thing happens?
  • Do you have access to another 30-pin to USB Cable you could try it with?

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
I have a 160gb iPod classic.. When I connect my iPod to iTunes, all it does is freeze my iTunes and my PC completely.. I've uninstalled iTunes and reinstalled it and that didn't help... Any ideas on how to fix this?
Threads merged. Please only create one thread :)

alicepattinson

Bronze
Feb 3, 2013
Maybe your computer is the problem, not the iTunes. Do you experience lag on your pc?

Mace0283

Jan 1, 2012
I guess I would recommend the following, but can't promise success:

• When you uninstall, then reinstall iTunes, be sure you're getting the latest version from here.
  • Make sure the iPod itself is functional--are all the songs intact and playable?
  • Do you have access to another computer that you could connect it to and see if the same thing happens?
  • Do you have access to another 30-pin to USB Cable you could try it with?
Thanks Rafagon.. I did all of the above... I went to the Apple site for iTunes.. All good there.. iPod is functional otherwise.. iPod works on another computer.. And I've tried another USB... Thanks for the suggestion... Thought there may have been another magical power out there... I'll be ok with waiting and using another computer ::SIGH::

Mace0283

Jan 1, 2012
Maybe your computer is the problem, not the iTunes. Do you experience lag on your pc?
The pc is ok with everything else... iTunes works fine up until I plug in an Apple product...

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Boot into disk mode, format to FAT32, reboot, run iPod Updater and restore.