iPod message "Unable to connect to [network name]" HELP!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Oct 19, 2011
So earlier today at my school I had my iPod connected to the internet and the network ballsed up and broke so no one could get on the internet. They later addressed this problem and the internet went back up and all was well again. But when I get home and try to connect to my home network i get the message, "Unable to join the network 'Home'." I've tried restarting my iPod and my iPod's network settings. I would try resetting my router but my dad would get mad because I'd probably frack the internet up. If anyone has a solution please post a reply. Thank you! Bye!

Terrie89

Jun 18, 2012
I haven't had that problem but I did have problems with my modem and router and nothing wrong with restarting those it automatically connects you once it's turned back on. Not sure if that would work but it rele don't hurt to try and you can always call Apple I had a problem with connecting to iTunes and they wet able to help me which I had to reset my settings.... Try doing some resets?

Jun 28, 2012
Do's
Tap Settings > Wi-Fi. If Wi-Fi is off, turn it on by tapping the on/off icon.
Available Wi-Fi networks appears under "Choose a Network..."
Locate and tap the Wi-Fi network you want to join.
Move closer to the Wi-Fi access point or router.
Ensure you are connecting to the correct Wi-Fi network, and not another nearby Wi-Fi network.
Check the cable connection to your Wi-Fi access point or router.

If you are still having Wi-Fi issues, Last option is Reset
Reset: To reset your network settings, tap Settings > scroll down and tap Reset > Reset Network Settings.

Note: If the Wi-Fi network is not displayed on iPod touch as an available option, it may be a "closed" or "private" network.

Source: Apple.com/support/ipodtouch/assistant/wifi/#section_5

Regards,