IPOD Mode and bitrate

Jul 12, 2007
Anyone know if iTunes does an automatic conversion to lower bitrates to save space? I use 320kbps at home as my home stereo and house systems need the better/higher bitrates, however, it's obviously a tremendous waste of space on the limited storage iPhone. Does iTunes convert and/or is there a way to convert the bitrate to a lower rate when it's on the phone or as it's sync'ing?

Lee

Emptyclip

Apr 15, 2007
no it does not convert them you have to convert them by right clicking on a song and convert to aac

TrippalHealicks

Gold
Mar 2, 2007
no it does not convert them you have to convert them by right clicking on a song and convert to aac
Correct. If it's an MP3, it's going to copy the file directly to the phone, with no conversion or increase in compression.

Jul 12, 2007
Correct. If it's an MP3, it's going to copy the file directly to the phone, with no conversion or increase in compression.
So being as I don't want to conert my files in the library on my server and only those that are on the iPhone itself, how do I accomplish this?

leeladisky

Jul 12, 2007
Bump...anyone?

has anyone discovered a way to automatically convert the bitrates of media files transferred to the iPhone by iTunes (similar to the option available for iPod Nano's)?