iPod > Music and Video Icons

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
So I just downloaded "iPod2" in Installer. It takes the iPod icon out of the dock, and puts the iPod Touch "Music" and "Videos" icons on the Springboard.

I decided I didn't like it, so went in and uninstalled it. But the iPod icon isn't back. The Videos and Songs icons are still there, and I can't get them to go away. I really don't want to restore Any ideas?

H

Hayesimus

how long has this been out? i haven't seen it on ibrickr. hmph! is there a website that has a list of apps like this one that might not be on ibrickr's repository yet?

H

Hayesimus

k i just downloaded installer app and then ipod2 but it didn't change my icons. what did i do wrong?

H

Hayesimus

k i deleted ipod2 and downloaded ipod3 via installer. no dice. i still have the reg icon and no music and video icons

H

Hayesimus

what's the point in updating? i've already got my iPhone modded. so far this is the first thing i've been unable to do. not really important either. plus i don't feel like waiting on everyone to catch up to 1.1.1

enigmanic

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
what's the point in updating? i've already got my iPhone modded. so far this is the first thing i've been unable to do. not really important either. plus i don't feel like waiting on everyone to catch up to 1.1.1
Oh I was totally joking. Trust me, I stayed with 1.0.2 for a long time. The only reason to upgrade is to take advantage of the 1.1.1 features like video out, higher volume, iTunes, ipod controls, etc. But that's definitely just personal preference. Once the next update comes out, I'm sure all hell will break loose again anyway. So if there's a firmware that works for you, I suggest sticking with it.

enigmanic

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
I remember reading about someone porting iTunes Wifi over to 1.0.2 with some degree of success, but it involved so much hacking that it wasn't worth the effort.

As for the next update, we have no idea when it'll come out. There are rumors that an update will come shortly after Leopard is released, but that is all pure speculation only.

H

Hayesimus

hmmm. well. i just wish i had any skill at hacking. i however do not. lol. so i hope that someone can impress us and adapt the mod for 1.0.2 :D

enigmanic

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
So I just downloaded "iPod2" in Installer. It takes the iPod icon out of the dock, and puts the iPod Touch "Music" and "Videos" icons on the Springboard.

I decided I didn't like it, so went in and uninstalled it. But the iPod icon isn't back. The Videos and Songs icons are still there, and I can't get them to go away. I really don't want to restore Any ideas?
There is now a new app on Installer called iPodFix (listed under 1.1.1 Tweaks) that will uninstall iPod2 and iPod3 correctly.