iPod Shuffle: music cuts off early, then 30 seconds of silence- why?

trusted1

Jan 16, 2008
I just bought my first iPod Shuffle, and we're having a problem. It's playing each song but cuts off prematurely (30 seconds or so before it should), then there's about 30 seconds of silence, then it jumps to the next song, plays it... and does the same thing. Any suggestions of what we might be doing wrong? I'd love to know there's a simple fix. I went to my original audio on my laptop, and all the music is just fine. I'd really appreciate your input. -D

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Is this happening for every song or just a few? If it's just a few, then you may have somehow accidentally set it to cutoff 30 seconds early. Right click the song and select info and then go over to the options tab and make sure the Stop Time is the full length of the song. The other thing I could recommend would be to restore the Shuffle and try syncing again and hopefully that will work.

trusted1

Jan 16, 2008
Is this happening for every song or just a few? If it's just a few, then you may have somehow accidentally set it to cutoff 30 seconds early. Right click the song and select info and then go over to the options tab and make sure the Stop Time is the full length of the song. The other thing I could recommend would be to restore the Shuffle and try syncing again and hopefully that will work.
Good idea, but what I'm told is that the iPod Shuffle wasn't cutting off, it was just playing the last 30 seconds or so really, really softly. So, I wiped and re-synced the iPod, and it plays fine on my system. Now, we'll see if it plays fine on the system owned by the guy who actually needs to use the audio track. Thank you so much for your input, I'll be back (just like Arnold?) if the problem persists, seeking more input.

Gratefully,

-D

M

michalina

If its new so go and exchange it if it gives any type of problem no need to solve the problems at home.