iPod to iPhone

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

carson

Oct 26, 2007
I did a search but could not find tha answer. I have an ipod and just bought an iPhone. To activate and sync my iPhone do I have to delete my ipod profile or settings?

dwcerra

Aug 20, 2007
:laugh2:Nope, Your computer is smart enough to recognize 'what' is being synched to it. I have both an iPhone and an ipod. Whenever I connect one to my mac it recognizes which devise it is and I sync/update accordingly.

I did a search but could not find tha answer. I have an ipod and just bought an iPhone. To activate and sync my iPhone do I have to delete my ipod profile or settings?

Nov 4, 2007
are you on a PC or a Mac? Is your phone charging?
I am on a PC (Laptop actually) and yes, myphone is charging. My daughter's ipod works on the same laptop and iTunes automatically recognizes her ipod. The only feature the PC recognizes is the iPhone camera. Thanks for helping.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
I am on a PC (Laptop actually) and yes, myphone is charging. My daughter's ipod works on the same laptop and iTunes automatically recognizes her ipod. The only feature the PC recognizes is the iPhone camera. Thanks for helping.
I had the same problem a while ago. I'll send you a Private message with how i fixed it so as not to hijack the thread.

CoolRemo

Apr 9, 2010
Did anyone heard about ipod touch can convert into iPhone? One of ma coworker was mentioning about it. I'm not sure how that works.

john.ngai

Bronze
Jul 4, 2010
There is actually a sleeve that will enable to the iPod to become a iPhone, made in china of course but, it seems to do the job.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

john.ngai

Bronze
Jul 4, 2010
The external hardware is actually built into the sleeve, there is such a thing existent, google it or search for it on YouTube, a colleague of mine has one!

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app