iPod touch 1.1.1 jailbreak'ing

Jan 19, 2008
I was wondering if you could help me with some of these problems I am having.

I have an ipod touch that I have already jailbroken (jailbreakme.com) and i have installed the following to get the mail apps on there.

1. BSD Subsystem
2. Open SSH

Here is the question, what file do I need to get mail on here, that is the main thing that i really want, along with google maps.

I have a sprint treo, and I do not want to get rid of it for a iPhone, so this is the next best thing, since I am usually around wifi, and could write my emails from it just to mess around.

I needed an ipod and only have 7 gbs of music so this is fine (to be honest, I don't see the point in carrying so many songs around when people only listen to like 200) just an opinion.

I also like to be able to see my music on such a large screen.

Could someone walk me through the process of finding mail? I was able to download other programs, but just can find the iPhone mail feature deal.

Also how long did it take for yall to get used to the keyboard, I am having some serious trouble with it, If i can get used to this, i might consider an iPhone as my next backup phone (I travel a lot and have a verizon for backup and dialer phone if sprint is out of service) I would want to wait for the newer one to come out.

Thanks to all, I appreciate it, if this is a "repost" please let me know where i can find this info, I would appreciate it greatly.

Have a great day...

Jul 2, 2007
NO NO... I didn't want to waste your time, i really appreciate all that you guys do on this forum, I was able to youtube it, and learn how it works, pretty cool.

Only complaint is the touch keyboard, I am writing all my emails by it to see how I like it, and so far not so good, I have been using a treo/ blackberry for about 5 yrs.

I will continue to "trust" in the keyboard and how it works, I got an invissheild for it to protect it, if this works, then iPhone here I come :)

Thanks again

iStealth

Bronze
Nov 5, 2007
NO NO... I didn't want to waste your time, i really appreciate all that you guys do on this forum, I was able to youtube it, and learn how it works, pretty cool.

Only complaint is the touch keyboard, I am writing all my emails by it to see how I like it, and so far not so good, I have been using a treo/ blackberry for about 5 yrs.

I will continue to "trust" in the keyboard and how it works, I got an invissheild for it to protect it, if this works, then iPhone here I come :)

Thanks again
Well I am sure you are already doing this, but make sure you hold it landscape, since that makes the keys a little bigger, helps me at least.

Rocoo

Mar 19, 2009
Hi I just jailbreak my ipod touch and i am tired of looking for BSD Subsytem to install and is not there, please help

The installer is 4.1 and the firmware is 2.2.1

maj4

Mar 23, 2009
don't do it i did it and now my thing is ****ed, i couldnt sync it but i did, now i cant restore it keeps saying there is no available software on this ipod. Download the latest version of iTunes and try again. i have the newest version (8.1) and tried again, wtf can anyway help me restore it because my parents are bout to kill me
and i think ti may be the usb port

FlwrPwer

Evangelist
Gold
Aug 7, 2008
Montgomery, NY
don't do it i did it and now my thing is ****ed, i couldnt sync it but i did, now i cant restore it keeps saying there is no available software on this ipod. Download the latest version of iTunes and try again. i have the newest version (8.1) and tried again, wtf can anyway help me restore it because my parents are bout to kill me
and i think ti may be the usb port
Are you using a Mac or PC. Try to do it with a USB Hub. That helped a lot of people jailbreak 2.2.1