iPod touch 1.1.2 jailbreak

ritzthekracker

Bronze
Sep 9, 2007
hey guys I just bought my brother a ipod touch that came with 1.1.2 OTB. I was just wondering if I could use to same method of jailbreaking my iPhone on the ipod touch. any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

iStealth

Bronze
Nov 5, 2007
hey guys I just bought my brother a ipod touch that came with 1.1.2 OTB. I was just wondering if I could use to same method of jailbreaking my iPhone on the ipod touch. any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
I am pretty sure you have to downgrade to 1.1.1 first.... but I haven't tried it since 1.1.2 came out. I just used 1.1.1. and stayed there.

ritzthekracker

Bronze
Sep 9, 2007
anyone please? I would really like a definitive answer so I don't mess up his new ipod touch.

Touchey

Jan 16, 2008
downgrade to 1.1.1

I had this same question when I first got my 1.1.2. If you downgrade to the 1.1.1 you can jailbrake and then upgrade back to 1.1.2 and your in businesss. You can have all your $20 upgrades + and it won't cost a cent. I've been using them for about 2 months now and have had no problem. There are certain programs that won't work on 1.1.2 but the majority will and you will just have to un-install the ones that don't.

To do the jailbreak - do a youtube.com search for "ipod touch jailbreak" and find a video by a guy named "ipodtouchmaster". He has a great video showing exactly how to do the jailbreak AND will give you the link to find the 1.1.1 downgrade program. He will walk you through the whole thing.

It sounds a little scary, but really it's pretty easy and believe me you won't regret it afterward. Remember, if all else fails, you can always do a total reset on iTunes and get right back to square 1. But I don't think you'll have to.