iPod touch 1.1.5 -can utilities be added

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

irish66

Jun 23, 2011
Hi, i have an ipod 1.1.5.
It doesn't have a utilities menu. Is it just too old?
specifically i would like to be able to read comics and books on it.

Iloveiphones

Genius
Platinum
Aug 5, 2010
chatsocially.com
Hi, i have an ipod 1.1.5.
It doesn't have a utilities menu. Is it just too old?
specifically i would like to be able to read comics and books on it.
Hello,
I'm guessing it's too old, as 1.1.5 barely had anything. As my iPod touch running a 4.2 software doesn't been have multitasking.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using my iPhone 4

irish66

Jun 23, 2011
Thank you very much. I appreciate you taking the time to respond. I have loaded akira pt 3 onto it, after unzipping
the cbr files, and does the job. But I would mostly be using it as a listening device, and it's fine for that.

Usernam

Bronze
Jul 2, 2010
Northern california
You can try downloading the newest version(I am guessing it is a 1st general iPod touch, so the newest is 3.1.3) from www.felixbruns.de. Then go to iTunes and hold the shift button and click on update. A window will come up; choose the iPod file(.ipsw), and click yes when it asks to update. Hope this helps!

irish66

Jun 23, 2011
Thank you. unfortunately, i don't think it worked. I wasn't sure to download. I went to that website, but wasn't quite sure which file to download. I couldn't see a version 3.1.3. the only 1g i saw was the version i have.

irish66

Jun 23, 2011
Hi zea lot. I went to the felix bruns website. I did download two different files to see if i could upgrade.
I right clicked the files and chose open in iTunes. i tunes did open, but it didn't do anything else.

Iloveiphones

Genius
Platinum
Aug 5, 2010
chatsocially.com
Hi zea lot. I went to the felix bruns website. I did download two different files to see if i could upgrade.
I right clicked the files and chose open in iTunes. i tunes did open, but it didn't do anything else.
I don't recommend downloading software from anywhere else.

To update your iPod, plug it in, go to summary and there in the middle should be a check for update. (At the top should be the iPod picture, serial number, ect)

Sent from my iPhone 4 using my iPhone 4

irish66

Jun 23, 2011
thank you for sticking with me. I had downloaded from the wrong menu. after the ipod is restored, i get two choices restore from backup of martin's(that's me) ipod (that's me, or set up as a new ipod. for now I'm restoring from a backup. If i choose to setup as a new ipod. will it ask for a file to open?
the file i downloaded was iPod1,1_3.1.3_7E18_Restore.ipsw

Usernam

Bronze
Jul 2, 2010
Northern california
No. When you restore it from backup, all of your settings and app data(saved game slots, account stuff, etc.) from before you updated it will be put on the iPod. It saves you time so you don't have to go back and manually change the settings.

irish66

Jun 23, 2011
Hi, thanks again. But sorry I'm obviously missing something, as I cannot get the ipod to upgrade to the latest version. I tried restoring and setting up as a new ipod, but it just backed it up. I cannot get iTunes to ask me
to open the file from felixbruns