iPod Touch 4th Gen - slow response

Discussion in 'iPod Touch' started by dinosaur1, Feb 2, 2012.

1. dinosaur1

dinosaur1 Member
    Silver

Lately my iPod has a slow response time when I turn it on and off and as I swipe from one screen to another. I hard booted, made sure there are no apps in the memory and cleaned out Safari's cache and history.

Any help is appreciated.

2. Mommy

Mommy Zealot
    Gold

My iPod has been like that since 5.0. I called Apple on an unrelated matter and was told it should not do that... Still does it though... Tried the resets and redoing the software and all that stuff... Good luck, I have heard other people saying the same thing....

3. Smarty2600

Smarty2600 Member
    Bronze

Same problems, overall it doesn't bother me, I've had several iPod touches to know that with each generation of software I add to it, the higher the specs the better the software functions. And so my guess is because the 4th gen iPod touch is only a single core it's a bit laggy compared to how a brand new iPhone 4s might work.

4. kaser123

kaser123 New Member

i have the same problem after i installed a number of apps and movies, i guess it has something to do this. Just get rid of unused apps and other documents, it will get a little better according to my personal experience.

5. peter.alex

peter.alex New Member

Actually the problem is that ipod got slow down when we start installing applications and without apps, ipod has nothing to do with, atleast for me. So we have to make ourself used to of this laziness ;)

6. applejailescape

Gold

Have you tried a full restore?

7. fury

fury Evangelist
    Gold

I have both a 4th gen touch and iPhone 4 on iOS 5. I do not have any noticeable lag, at least not beyond what I get with a fresh 4S (App Store Purchases section is particularly bad in my case).

Are you noticing these symptoms system-wide, or particularly with certain apps? Maybe narrowing it down to Photos can reveal a corrupt photo, for example, or some app interacting badly in the background.

8. Lukeee

Lukeee New Member

Mine is the same when i log in

9. JB184351

JB184351 New Member

Really I haven't noticed any lag with iOS 5 in my iPod touch 4 it's fast and responsive

10. Mathew Connelly

Bronze

You probably don't have many apps installed. iPod Touches are slow when under iod 5 - fact. :(