iPod touch and iPhone?

guest 5

Bronze
Jul 5, 2007
I am curious... Does anyone have an iPod Touch and iPhone? I am curious, because I am torn deciding if I should keep a new iPod Touch I just got for free on the buy a computer, get an iPod for free (student) promo that Apple just had (maybe is still having). For one, I like the idea, because I can use some apps for running with the touch, which the Nano will not be able to use; I can interchange a lot of apps from device to device and I thought about the time where I may be somewhere I cannot bring a phone (like court or something like that - I got a jury duty summons :() where I can still be able to check email and such and play games, etc. On the other hand, it also seems overkill to have an iPod Touch and an iPhone. However, I use a Nano now in the gym, since I love the scroll wheel for no-look usage.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I use my v1 iPhone as a Touch since I got the 3G and having 2 devices is great. I actually have a 160 GB Classic and Nano and Mini as well. I like having the ability of using both the v1 and the 3G, in case the battery goes out on one of the two.

guest 5

Bronze
Jul 5, 2007
Yeah I was thinking that I would benefit from using the Touch for gym and stuff, since I won't use my iPhone working out (just that extra weightiness is too much when running, etc.) and maybe in the future, pick up a new Nano and have best of all worlds scenario. Plus, if I have to sit all day in the court for jury duty, I can still surf the web and listen to podcasts, music, etc.

What do you use more as a listening device? The 'touch' you have or the Nano or Classic?

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I definitely use the Classic more as a listening device. I have an iPod cable connected to my head unit in my car (which is wear I listen to the most music) and keep my Classic in my car at all times. I put all of my songs on shuffle and just let the iPod go and go.

I keep my Nano full of a handful of my favorite albums and songs as it is too small to house all of my music and I keep mostly video on my v1 iPhone. On my 3G I have a great deal of music in addition to some TV episodes and movies.

May 7, 2008
I have both this is my take

I have both a 3G and 2nd Ipod touch. I am selling the iPhone because we do not have 3G and I am tired of paying $30 a month for data which I get free on the iPod touch. Just usa a regular phone and don't pay a data fee. Thats over $400 a year for nothing for me. The touch has the nike+ and the new headphones that will not work on the phone which control everything that are to be released very soon. just my situation

brooke03

Bronze
Aug 31, 2008
Memphis, Tennessee
I have a mini and iPhone 3g. I got the phone after looking at the ipod touch in the store... I just decided to get the phone instead. I use the phone as my ipod in the car quite often, but on longer trips I take the mini. I'm not sure if I would want BOTH a touch and an iPhone since the mini + iPhone combination works perfectly for me.

Amt

Sep 18, 2008
I have both. I use the Touch for music, 3G for Apps, Internet, etc.