iPod touch being sold early?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

tzhourdeka

Bronze
Jul 25, 2007
I was at the Apple store today and they had five iPod Touches on display. They were selling them also and I have seen a few videos of people saying "Oh, some idiot sold it two weeks early at the Apple Store." I am wondering if they are all selling them now.

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
I was at the Apple store today and they had five iPod Touches on display. They were selling them also and I have seen a few videos of people saying "Oh, some idiot sold it two weeks early at the Apple Store." I am wondering if they are all selling them now.
I think somebody mistook an iPhone for an iPod Touch. They won't go on sale till 9/28 and I doubt that any Apple Store have them.

mjeagent

Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
Northern Virginia
Well, the one in McLean, VA definitely had them on display. Went in yesterday to use my credit and there were about 5-7 people lined up in the corner of the store waiting for the staff to finish connecting them all to the security sensors.
Not sure if they were selling them yet though, but hard to believe they would put them up to play with and not sell them. Not like they put the iPhone out for people to mess with a couple of weeks before its release.

RJ1

Bronze
Jul 8, 2007
Celebration FL
yeah they had them displayed at the Apple store near me but don't know if they are selling them or not. but someone on this forum already has one on the ipod section with pics so I guess they are.

UGActg

Sep 8, 2007
I was at the Apple store in Lennox yesterday and they were most definitely selling them. I saw about 3 people walk out with them

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
As much as I dislike being wrong, here it is from tuaw.com

"iPod Touch spotted in some stores
Posted Sep 13th 2007 6:15PM by Lisa Hoover
Filed under: iPod Family, Retail
An eagle-eyed and (understandably) excited reader let us know that the Apple Store Somerset in Troy, Michigan had a few iPod Touches for sale ahead of the September 28th ship date. A quick call to the store revealed Dan was right, they had 14 in stock but were already sold out.

The store employee said that some retail stores, particularly on the East coast, have been receiving shipments already. He said that though they're mainly designed to be floor models, stores have been selling them to customers as well. He says the rolling shipments are expected to continue until the 28th when all the retail shops will have them in stock.

The Apple Store employee added one last thought before the call was ended. "They're so worth the wait," he said.

No doubt."

NoHomo

Sep 9, 2007
yup two of my friends got them from somerset its only like 2 miles from here.... its def not a mistake. i think theyre out and have more than only 14 at somerset because the odds of 2 of my friends gettin 2 of the 14? come on now

tzhourdeka

Bronze
Jul 25, 2007
I think somebody mistook an iPhone for an iPod Touch. They won't go on sale till 9/28 and I doubt that any Apple Store have them.
Nope, I'm a huge Apple fan, I inspected it and it sure was an iPod Touch. It's very thin, I think I might by one for my brother.

stevetim

Silver
Jul 20, 2007
They have been on sale since at least September 14th here in Miami, Fl.

They "ship" on the 28th, for online purchases. They are in stores for sale, "now".

what the hell are you talking about? Apple stores have had them since early last week.
Sssssshhhhh he thinks all those people who have been complaining about the poor video quality and a few other problems have been really complaining about iPhones.

The Apple discussion forums are full of people who have bought them and have had them for 2-3 days already.

Sep 16, 2007
checked the Apple store

well, called the Apple store in Palo Alto this afternoon, said they had and sold the iPod touch earlier last week but haven't any left. according to the sales guy they don't know if or when they'll get stocked up before the 28th

bestbuy claimed to have the iPod touch available earlier but now the website says something about two weeks

well, guess we have to be patient or lucky...