iPod Touch composite cables for NON HDTV

angieberas

Feb 6, 2008
I need help because I have and Ipod Touch 16gb and I want to watch videos and movies on my NON HD TV. I have seen posts on Apple forums about composite cables that work on old tv's but Im confused. I even bought some cables but I only get the sound. Help me please!

Feb 1, 2008
I need help because I have and Ipod Touch 16gb and I want to watch videos and movies on my NON HD TV. I have seen posts on Apple forums about composite cables that work on old tv's but Im confused. I even bought some cables but I only get the sound. Help me please!
i'll assume the cable you bought was like the earphone plug but with 4 contacts as opposed to 3 for your earbuds plug....
and you've probably read that also in other search results from google or the likes.....that this method is not supported by the ipod touch.

and the answer is that you have to get the dock style cable ...basically made by Apple in order to watch video from the ipod touch....and also from what i understand the component cable works for composite, but not vice-versa. (this may be inaccurate but i'm sure i read it somewhere)

hope this helps and if incorrect someone tell us...lol

angieberas

Feb 6, 2008
Thank you....but....

I appreciate your reply...but I think the dock and cables you are referring to are for High definition TV's and I am looking for NON high definition... If you can help me with that...Ill be a happy chappy!....LOL

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
There are 2 types of cables:
Apple Composite AV Cable
These cables have 3 connectors. Audio Left, Audio Right, and Video. Will plug into any vcr, DVD player or TV that has the red, white and yellow RCA connectors. ( same as what you plug a playstation into.)
Apple Component AV Cable
These cables are for TV's and devices that specifically take the RED Blue Green connectors for the display, and then left and right audio.

You want the composite AV cables, as they are compatible with nearly all AV devices that have the Red White and Yellow rca connectors.

iStealth

Bronze
Nov 5, 2007
There are 2 types of cables:
Apple Composite AV Cable
These cables have 3 connectors. Audio Left, Audio Right, and Video. Will plug into any vcr, DVD player or TV that has the red, white and yellow RCA connectors. ( same as what you plug a playstation into.)
Apple Component AV Cable
These cables are for TV's and devices that specifically take the RED Blue Green connectors for the display, and then left and right audio.

You want the composite AV cables, as they are compatible with nearly all AV devices that have the Red White and Yellow rca connectors.
Also as of right now you are limited to these 2 only as they have a chip built into them. No 3rd party cables will work