iPod touch - downloading games

smooth915

Dec 16, 2008
East Bay Area, California
Both of my kids have the iPod touch. We all use the same iTunes account. My son downloaded a game on his iPod touch. My daughter wants the same game, but when she tried to download it, she gets the error, "Not Compatible. This application is not compatible with this iPod" They both have the same iPod touch. How is this possible?

grd94533

Dec 14, 2008
Both of my kids have the iPod touch. We all use the same iTunes account. My son downloaded a game on his iPod touch. My daughter wants the same game, but when she tried to download it, she gets the error, "Not Compatible. This application is not compatible with this iPod" They both have the same iPod touch. How is this possible?
That's weird, the only thing I can think it could be is maybe different firmwares are installed on the ipods. Your Son's may have a newer firmware installed and you daughter's firmware is older.

grd94533

Dec 14, 2008
i need to know how to activate my i pod tuoch

You do it through iTunes. When you run iTunes and plug your ipod in for the first time it should give you the option to register it.

grd94533

Dec 14, 2008
Both iPod touch's were registered at the same time with the same iTunes account.

I'm talking about the firmwares. Go to settings on both ipods and select "General" then select "About" and down six lines look at "Version". Most apps require at least Version 2.0 to 2.2. If your daughters version is under 2.0 then you need to update the firmware. I recommend updating to the latest firmware for both which is 2.2.