iPod touch FM Transmitter? Help!

Filter X

Dec 30, 2007
Hello

I was told that the iPod touch has a built in FM transmitter to sync with FM radio stations while in your car/home on a stereo. Is this true?

Even in the instruction booklet, it says:

"iPod touch contains a radio transmitter and receiver. When on, iPod touch can receive and send out radio frequency (RF) energy through it's antenna..."

Is this antenna just for wi-fi access? And if it can be used as a FM transmitter, how do I enable this?

Thanks a bunch

Filter X

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
Hello

I was told that the iPod touch has a built in FM transmitter to sync with FM radio stations while in your car/home on a stereo. Is this true?

Even in the instruction booklet, it says:

"iPod touch contains a radio transmitter and receiver. When on, iPod touch can receive and send out radio frequency (RF) energy through it's antenna..."

Is this antenna just for wi-fi access? And if it can be used as a FM transmitter, how do I enable this?

Thanks a bunch

Filter X

Look in the settings section on the Touch. Make sure is is turned on.

Filter X

Dec 30, 2007
all that is general is:

About
Wallpaper
Date & Time
International
Auto-Lock
Passcode Lock
Sound Effects
Keyboard
reset

About just gives details on memory, serial number, etc....

not really sure where to find it.

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
all that is general is:

About
Wallpaper
Date & Time
International
Auto-Lock
Passcode Lock
Sound Effects
Keyboard
reset

About just gives details on memory, serial number, etc....

not really sure where to find it.
Look in the wifi

Filter X

Dec 30, 2007
Look in the wifi
um...wi-fi just has what network you are connected to, and what networks are available. then theres a section That says "ask to join networks"

Both of which are on. I see nothing about selecting a FM frequency to tune into, which is why the question came up.

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
um...wi-fi just has what network you are connected to, and what networks are available. then theres a section That says "ask to join networks"

Both of which are on. I see nothing about selecting a FM frequency to tune into, which is why the question came up.

Here it is you need an adapter from Apple, I found this on their site:

Listen to FM radio on your iPod and control everything with a convenient wired remote. You also get a set of earphones with a shorter cable that’s a perfect fit for the remote. Compatible with iPod nano and iPod with video.

Filter X

Dec 30, 2007
Here it is you need an adapter from Apple, I found this on their site:

Listen to FM radio on your iPod and control everything with a convenient wired remote. You also get a set of earphones with a shorter cable that’s a perfect fit for the remote. Compatible with iPod nano and iPod with video.
Yeah, i know about the one you can buy. I use to have one for my nano before I sold the whole package. I've heard since getting a iPod touch that this feature was built in to the unit. If i have to, I'll get another transmitter, but I wanted to find out FOR SURE that this feature was NOT included in the iPod touch itself before doing so.

Thanks for the help though...

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
Yeah, i know about the one you can buy. I use to have one for my nano before I sold the whole package. I've heard since getting a iPod touch that this feature was built in to the unit. If i have to, I'll get another transmitter, but I wanted to find out FOR SURE that this feature was NOT included in the iPod touch itself before doing so.

Go to Apple website and search iPod FM and you will see all the stuff and info there. Sorry

Dec 30, 2007
I wish there was a 'magic app' that would just let you utilize the built-in transmitter. ie. w/o buying hardware

iStealth

Bronze
Nov 5, 2007

I don't think its built in, I have never seen it on mine. and have never heard any body talking about in in the other forums. So I would Imagine by tranmitter and antenna they mean the wifi..

Dec 29, 2007
Go to Apple website and search iPod FM and you will see all the stuff and info there. Sorry

tat fm transmiter that you were talking the one with the remote
that fm transmiter doesn't work for the ipod touch

knutsoba

Feb 16, 2009
I too was looking for the radio on my iPod Touch so I called Apple about a half an hour ago. They currently do not have the FM Radio accessory for the iPod Touch.