iPod Touch Freezes Constantly

QBasicer

Feb 10, 2008
I have a jailbroken 1.1.3 iPod touch which I got for Christmas. I started noticing this in 1.1.2 a week or two after I got it that it started to freeze more and more often. I'm at the point now that if I don't play music, and the screen turns off, that my iPod will freeze and have to be rebooted (I assumed it was 'sleeping', however, usually the battery is dead when I find it the next morning).

For example, I left work at about 5:15, took my iPod off the cable, and then put it in my pocket and bussed home (30 minutes, not listening to my iPod at all). I next used my iPod the next morning at about 11:00 AM, to find it dead. I charged it, went out, came back, then went out again with my iPod, went to the grocery store, (not using my iPod), bought some stuff. I put my headphones in, and my iPod was frozen again. In the probably 30 minutes between unplugging and turning it on, it had frozen. If I had of left it for a few hours the battery probably would die (it seems to die extremely quickly when it's in this frozen state).

Has anybody else had this issue? As soon as I can I'm going to upgrade to the stock 1.1.3 firmware, and see if the issue persists. Barring that I'm going to return my iPod to Apple and get a new one.

schlikkes

Feb 16, 2009
I do have the exact problem with my iPod Touch 2G since I got it! Do you have found a reason for it? I also looked up the syslog but I do not have any idea what it could be. Maybe a defect memory?