iPod touch problems.

Aug 22, 2008
tucson
ok. i have an 8g ipod touch i got for christmas 2007. i have had no troubles with since then until now. just a few weeks ago my touch screen froze. so i took it to an Apple store. the guy fixed it in a matter of seconds. i mean the registration took longer than the actual fix. and it has been working well until just a few days ago. the screen froze again. and when i say froze i mean it. i can not do ANYTHING with it when it comes to touching the screen. i cant turn it off and i cant unlock it. i have tried hard resets over and over again but no results. im hoping you guys have tips or advice or something to help me solve my problem because my ipod is my life and it sucks not being able to use it. so please answer this post if you have ANY ideas.

p.s.
i am very careful with my ipod. i never drop it or anything so the problem could not be from dropping it and i really don't want to replace it because another one will probably have the same problem.

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
Try plugging it into iTunes and see what happens. If the iPod screen shows up, try restoring.

Also, you did try holding the home button and the power button pressed for a little bit, right?

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Have you tried a restore? I know you said reset but I don't know if you were meaning a restore as well. If you haven't, go into iTunes and choose to restore the Touch as a NEW one (not from backup) and that will get your Touch back to (more or less) factory settings.

Have you Jailbroken your Touch or added Applications that aren't Apple approved?

Aug 22, 2008
tucson
Have you tried a restore? I know you said reset but I don't know if you were meaning a restore as well. If you haven't, go into iTunes and choose to restore the Touch as a NEW one (not from backup) and that will get your Touch back to (more or less) factory settings.

Have you Jailbroken your Touch or added Applications that aren't Apple approved?

Yes I have tried a restore. The first time it started the problem that was the first thing I did. It still didn't work. So I ended up having to take it to the Apple store. But I have not done a restore this time. I will try it and get back at you if it works or not. Hopefully this time a restore will fix it.

What exactly is jailbroken?

Aug 22, 2008
tucson
Try plugging it into iTunes and see what happens. If the iPod screen shows up, try restoring.

Also, you did try holding the home button and the power button pressed for a little bit, right?

I plugged it into iTunes and it did all it's normal stuff but would not let me touch the screen. The first time it messed up I did a full restore on it and it got me no where. So I ended up having to take it to the Apple store. I have not done a restore this time yet. But I will try again. And I have done the home power button thing countless times. Still nothing.

fenjen

Jun 22, 2009
I plugged it into iTunes and it did all it's normal stuff but would not let me touch the screen. The first time it messed up I did a full restore on it and it got me no where. So I ended up having to take it to the Apple store. I have not done a restore this time yet. But I will try again. And I have done the home power button thing countless times. Still nothing.
I don't know if you already fixed it but this is a known problem of older iPod units. They fixed this problem already in new units. And yeah i know. This topic is very old.