iPod Touch restore?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Nov 17, 2007
If you jailbreak the iPod touch is there anyway to ever restore it like it never happened?

Another question: If you jailbreak the iPod touch, does it auto update on iTunes? like if Apple released and update to stop hackers?

iStealth

Bronze
Nov 5, 2007
If you jailbreak the iPod touch is there anyway to ever restore it like it never happened?

Another question: If you jailbreak the iPod touch, does it auto update on iTunes? like if Apple released and update to stop hackers?
Yes you should be able to restore back to firmware v1.1.1 without any problems.

Just turn auto check for updates off in iTunes, it you ever need to restore click the shift key before clicking restore, this will allow you to choose the firmware on your harddrive for updating.

YellowZx5

Nov 28, 2007
I would like to hack my Ipod but do not know where to find the firmware to downgrade my unit. I currently have 1.1.2 and don't think it is oob 1.1.2. Can anyone help me?

YellowZx5

Nov 28, 2007
The website was not really helpful. I had to do a little searching and found a website with all the information that was needed to restore to v1.1.1. It had the firmware that was needed since I bought my iPod touch and updated it the day of purchase. When I find all the information again or the website I will post it on here.

edoras

Jan 6, 2008
1. Download the 1.1.1 firmware from here, and save to your desktop.
2. Once that is done, start iTunes.
3. Go to you ipod's tab on the left panel
4. Hold shift and click on the restore button.
5. This will open up a box. Select the 1.1.1 firmware from your desktop and press ok.
6. Your ipod should start restoring.