iPod Touch stuck on boot screen

The Persuader

Bronze
Jan 10, 2008
Staten Island, New York
My father's 1G iPod Touch 8GB is stuck on the Apple boot logo. It is running firmware 2.1, which I got for free today btw, and I also QuickPwnd it today and installed Cydia. I wanted to get free games onto it. I've already done it with my iPhone. So I went through the process of modifying Mobileinstallation and I rebooted the iPod. But now it's stuck on the boot screen. It is still detectable by iTunes. This is the second time it happened today after doing the same process. I don't feel like restoring again. I've been working on this all day and it's driving me nuts!

Please help!

fury

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 23, 2007
Louisville, KY
Unfortunately, it sounds like you'll have to restore again, but next time you jailbreak it, try WinPwn, or if you know anybody with a Mac, try the Mac version of QuickPwn. (I ran into that same issue on Quickpwn for Windows, but when I used my cousin's iMac, I didn't need to do any manual work on modifying anything and I successfuly got my iPhone jailbroken)

Basically, you may just happen to have a setup with your QuickPwn that's not quite compatible with or effective at jailbreaking. So try other programs or other computers

The Persuader

Bronze
Jan 10, 2008
Staten Island, New York
I've already hacked it before with ZiPhone, when it was on 1.1.4. But I think another problem may be that I don't have the right custom firmware downloaded. I guess I'll try again...