iPod touch tracking thread

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Mommy

Zealot
Gold
Feb 19, 2011
NY
Lol ok just has to do it "official", if there is another one, I'm sort and this thread can be deleted.
I'm hearing the new iPods are shipping. My iPod is still in processing. Best buy says it will be in store next week. I got 64gb pink! Anyone else?

Smarty2600

Bronze
Apr 23, 2011
While I didn't preorder I plan to head to the Apple store this week and check them out. I haven't actually decided whether I should upgrade because my 4th gen is still working fine going on 2 years strong. I hope your new iPod touch works out well!

Mommy

Zealot
Gold
Feb 19, 2011
NY
While I didn't preorder I plan to head to the Apple store this week and check them out. I haven't actually decided whether I should upgrade because my 4th gen is still working fine going on 2 years strong. I hope your new iPod touch works out well!
I had that same thought but I found a good excuse.. My daughter loves to play with mine and I am giving her my 4th and I ordered the new one. Hubby's died, he was a 2nd generation one. It actually died yesterday lol. Just remember Apple does the Black Friday deals, I'm going to upgrade hubby then lol. I'll tell you one thing, I tried the new ear plugs last night OMG! They have awesome sound! Good luck, & enjoy your new iPod if you get it!

fury

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 23, 2007
Louisville, KY
OOOOOOHH. Lucky! Mine is delivering Wednesday! Do you like it? How is it? Congrats! Enjoy it!
I like it. It is impossibly skinny, so it's hard for me to type on, but it's a marvel of engineering for sure. Granted, they took out basically everything compared to the 4S, but what's left is still a powerful little device. I was playing Real Racing 2 at 1080p wirelessly streaming to my Mac running AirServer. My mind was boggled. (The battery only lasted an hour and a half, but yeah)

Here's a comparison to how comically thin it is.

Touch 5g, iPhone 4, iPhone 3G

ImageUploadedByiCafe1350307011.549638.jpg

Smarty2600

Bronze
Apr 23, 2011
I had that same thought but I found a good excuse.. My daughter loves to play with mine and I am giving her my 4th and I ordered the new one. Hubby's died, he was a 2nd generation one. It actually died yesterday lol. Just remember Apple does the Black Friday deals, I'm going to upgrade hubby then lol. I'll tell you one thing, I tried the new ear plugs last night OMG! They have awesome sound! Good luck, & enjoy your new iPod if you get it!
Thanks as I don't have anyone to hand my iPod down to, I would probably trade it on amazon and then buy my iPod through them. But black friday deals, huh I'll have to look up past discounts and consider that because I'm a terrible gadget geek I always upgrade before I have to. Except on my laptop, I have a windows pc and Windows 8 freaks me out so I will not be upgrading until my machine, which is only a year and half old, dies.

And wow that iPod is really thin!

Mommy

Zealot
Gold
Feb 19, 2011
NY
I like it. It is impossibly skinny, so it's hard for me to type on, but it's a marvel of engineering for sure. Granted, they took out basically everything compared to the 4S, but what's left is still a powerful little device. I was playing Real Racing 2 at 1080p wirelessly streaming to my Mac running AirServer. My mind was boggled. (The battery only lasted an hour and a half, but yeah)

Here's a comparison to how comically thin it is.

Touch 5g, iPhone 4, iPhone 3G

View attachment 25843
OMG! I am afraid to touch it! I got mine late this afternoon. It's scary thin! I haven't powered it on yet, but I have a feeling the battery is that bad! My phone is getting really low usage and I am charging it almost every day ..

Sent from my iPad2 using iCafe app

Mommy

Zealot
Gold
Feb 19, 2011
NY
Thanks as I don't have anyone to hand my iPod down to, I would probably trade it on amazon and then buy my iPod through them. But black friday deals, huh I'll have to look up past discounts and consider that because I'm a terrible gadget geek I always upgrade before I have to. Except on my laptop, I have a windows pc and Windows 8 freaks me out so I will not be upgrading until my machine, which is only a year and half old, dies.

And wow that iPod is really thin!
Black Friday discounts, iPod, iPad, Mac, 10 to 20% off! Lol I am the same way! I am looking into the new MBA but want to try and wait till it gets retina display lol not sure how long I can hold out for though.

Sent from my iPad2 using iCafe app

Smarty2600

Bronze
Apr 23, 2011
Haha well good luck Mommy be strong! And thanks for the black friday info, for Apple any discount is huge! I may also wait for refurbs to be available and see what deal I can get on the ipod touch that way.

As for the battery life Apple says its rated for about the same runtime, if not about an hour longer I believe. Your iPod is brand new versus your phone(unless it's an iPhone 5) so the battery life should fine I wouldn't worry about it.