iPod Touch- "UN-forget a network?"

Nov 25, 2008
I have been searching online for assistance on how to "un-forget" a network. I accidentally chose to forget my workplace network and now cannot get it to come back up, nor sign on when manually typing the network name. It's an unsecured network with a generic name of Guest. I've also asked both IT guys here, both are stumped. I've tried resetting just the WiFi settings and a full reset of the iPod. Resetting the network equipment at work isn't an option!

Any suggestions? In my searches, there is a lot of info out there about how to Forget the networks, but NONE on how to UN-forget one! Help!

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
"forgetting" a network shouldn't prevent it from coming up in the wifi network list in settings, it should only prevent you from automatically joining it. Are you saying your workplace network doesn't show up at all? Have you turned on "ask to join other networks"?

Nov 25, 2008
Wow- fast response- Yes, it doesn't show up in my list - and yes, i have "ask to join other networks" turned on.

Nov 25, 2008
I should say it did this while traveling as well, and I could never get back on the wifi at the rental we were staying at. It's very frustrating since I bought it specifically for that trip! If it's an easy fix, i'll just die! ;)

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
When you say you've reset "wifi settings" do you mean network settings? I'm running out of ideas short of restarting their wireless router, but you say that's not an option.

Nov 25, 2008
yes, i've tried it a few times. so no one has heard of this issue? maybe i have a glitch somewhere? i am hesitant to ask my workplace guys to reset the router, since it's a personal piece of equipment and not a part of my job!

fury

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 23, 2007
Louisville, KY
Is it one of those networks where the SSID does not actually get broadcast?

If so, choose Other, and enter the information there.

Nov 25, 2008
Is it one of those networks where the SSID does not actually get broadcast?

If so, choose Other, and enter the information there.
Well, the IT guy says it should come up automatically when my iPod searches for wifi- but it doesn't show up on mine. It does come up for my coworker who has a touch as well. He told me the network name and there is no password - but that does not work when i try that (using "other" as well). ARRGH!

I do appreciate the help I've received here - i'm convinced it's in a black hole of weirdness. I may just beg the IT guy to reboot the wifi server. Or just keep lugging my laptop in. :D