iPod touch Update

GSA190

Bronze
Oct 29, 2007
New York
Can someone give me step by step instruction to updating the ipod touch. It says it's up to date but there are no new apps.

GSA190

Bronze
Oct 29, 2007
New York
will the update work if iTunes its not updated?

iStealth

Bronze
Nov 5, 2007
will the update work if iTunes its not updated?
I think it will work with 7.5 but not sure since I did the 7.6 iTunes upgrade first. Then I just plugged my touch in and it did the rest.

Have you clicked the check for update button in iTunes 7.5 while you touch is plugged it? Are you in the USA?

rocketroy

Jan 20, 2008
Hello and Help!

Can someone give me step by step instruction to updating the ipod touch. It says it's up to date but there are no new apps.
Hi guys, Hello from Worcestershire in UK.
First posting for me. My one month-old Touch automatically downloaded latest firmware update 1.1.2 when connected to iTunes 7.6 software BUT after about a minute into the installation it crashed the Touch and said it was not updated due to an unknown error! Now all I can get when I switch on is an image of the Touch connector, a white arrow above that pointing to a disk. PC won't recognize the touch and I can't get to the front page with the icons to do anything like reset/restore. My PC just doesn't recognize it at all.

Hope this doesn't happen to you GS190. Can anyone can help me please?
I am at a loss what to do.

Great forum.

iStealth

Bronze
Nov 5, 2007
Hi guys, Hello from Worcestershire in UK.
First posting for me. My one month-old Touch automatically downloaded latest firmware update 1.1.2 when connected to iTunes 7.6 software BUT after about a minute into the installation it crashed the Touch and said it was not updated due to an unknown error! Now all I can get when I switch on is an image of the Touch connector, a white arrow above that pointing to a disk. PC won't recognize the touch and I can't get to the front page with the icons to do anything like reset/restore. My PC just doesn't recognize it at all.

Hope this doesn't happen to you GS190. Can anyone can help me please?
I am at a loss what to do.

Great forum.
Have you tried a forced restart:

This should be used as a last resort, restoring will erase all of your data

Firstly, you must have the iPod Touch plugged into your computer while doing this.

To start, press and hold the home and sleep/wake button, the power off option will appear but ignore it. When the Apple logo appears let go of the sleep/wake button but keep holding the home button.
After a few seconds you should see the connect to iTunes image (you can let go of the home button now). Open iTunes and it should recognize your iPod Touch, if not unplug your iPod and plug it back in again.
Restore your iPod Touch by clicking the "Restore" button on iTunes.