iPod touch won't charge...sigh

jasey

Sep 4, 2011
Hi there, so a couple of days ago my iPod touch was running out of battery but I was away from my house and couldn't charge it, so it died...never to come back again. dun dun dun.

Seriously though, now it just shows the lightning bolt screen with the little bit of red showing it needs charge. Now the thing is that once I plug it into my computer (btw my computer is not the issue and neither is the USB port or the iPod charger since my sister's iPod charges fantastically) the Apple logo with the lit up screen appears, and then the screen changes to show once again the lightning bolt image, only this time it shows like it is charging, and then the vicious cycle contines (Apple logo/ lightning bolt). I have not dropped it recently and I don't think it has suffered any water damage.

I have been reading the forums here and I have tried re-starting my PC while the iPod touch is plugged in, while it is unplugged, but it still won't work ya know? My iPod touch is very dear to me, so if you've read this far and can think of a way to help pleaseeee tell me.

P.S. I don't have the adapter that you can plug into the wall, so I can't try that.
P.P.S. My iPod touch is 2nd generation/8GB.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
So, you've tried a new USB cable? Try blowing out the dock port with some compressed air. If neither of those things work, you may need to restore it. You'll need to put it in DFU mode first.

jasey

Sep 4, 2011
I haven't tried a new USB cable because I only have one. Anyway I know that's not the problem because other iPods work in my computer with that cable.
I'll try putting it in DFU mode.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Another option is to hold down the home button and connect the device via the USB cable to the computer. If iTunes detects the device, you should be able to restore the device.

jasey

Sep 4, 2011
Okay I just tried and I can't put it in DFU mode, iTunes doesn't recognize it, not even my laptop recognizes a new device.

iPhonewarrior: I tried doing that; didn't work either.