iPod touch won't do anything? Help!

jboritzki

Dec 31, 2008
I bought a brand new Ipod touch 1st gen 16gb and sold it to a guy. He returned it because he really wanted a 2nd gen and I was nice enough to lose a few bucks by letting him return it and trying to resell it as a used Ipod touch. Well when I got it back it would not turn on. There is no visible sign of damage. I figured the battery was totally dead or it was just too cold to work because it came back through the mail. It was packaged very well too. I plugged it into the USB cable and nothing. I plugged in my 4th gen Ipod to the same cable and it worked like it is supposed to, so it's not the cable. I hear there is a water sensor in the headphone jack that is white, but turns red if it got wet. It is white, so no water damage. Does anyone have any idea at all what the cause of this could be? Thank you for any help that can be given.
Jeremy

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
I bought a brand new Ipod touch 1st gen 16gb and sold it to a guy. He returned it because he really wanted a 2nd gen and I was nice enough to lose a few bucks by letting him return it and trying to resell it as a used Ipod touch. Well when I got it back it would not turn on. There is no visible sign of damage. I figured the battery was totally dead or it was just too cold to work because it came back through the mail. It was packaged very well too. I plugged it into the USB cable and nothing. I plugged in my 4th gen Ipod to the same cable and it worked like it is supposed to, so it's not the cable. I hear there is a water sensor in the headphone jack that is white, but turns red if it got wet. It is white, so no water damage. Does anyone have any idea at all what the cause of this could be? Thank you for any help that can be given.
Jeremy
It could have been shorted out...
If it's registered in your name, take it back to Apple for a replacement.
Otherwise, I would be contacting the purchaser and find out what happened from the time it left you to the time it was returned.