iPod Video Questions.

Dec 15, 2006
Okay I have an 30GB Ipod Video. I have no idea how to get videos onto my ipod. I know that you can purchase them on iTunes but is there any way to put a dvd that you own into your drive & get the files off and put them on your ipod? If so, how do you do this? Thanks!

Also I was wondering if there are any really cool, unexpensive sites to buy ipod cases/accessories? Thank you :)

you2

Bronze
Nov 22, 2006
At least I can answer your doubt relating to putting videos on iPod.Just put the converted videos(i.e is in mp4 format)in the iTunes library where your other videos are.Just go to the video tab and you can see the all the videos present there.You can now watch the same.
About the cheap store for buying accessories I'm still searching one.Let me know in case you have some more doubts.

Bender

Bronze
Feb 21, 2007
Virginia
If you are on a Mac...

I use "Mac the Ripper" (Freeware) to extract the movie from the DVD. Then I use DVDxDVPro (DVDxDV Regular is 25 bucks, 80 bucks for Pro version) to convert the file to mp4 and transfer it to iTunes then to iPod.

There might be cheaper or better way out there but this works for me...

Hope this helps. :cool:

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
If you are on a Mac...

I use "Mac the Ripper" (Freeware) to extract the movie from the DVD. Then I use DVDxDVPro (DVDxDV Regular is 25 bucks, 80 bucks for Pro version) to convert the file to mp4 and transfer it to iTunes then to iPod.

I haven't used DVDxDVPro, but have been a regular Mac The Ripper user for DVD backups. I use MTR and then use Popcorn to burn. To convert DVD's to iPod or Treo, I have used the very excellent and free Handbrake. It does everything and outputs the file. The only issue I've had with that is the audio track. There are times when I get the directors commenting on the movie, which renders the rip useless. American Pie 3 is not exactly a film you need to hear from the directors.:p

-Chris

AK911dog

Mar 11, 2007
If you are on a Mac...

I have a free way of doing both of those tasks :D
You need two programs:
A: DVD decrypter (program name)
B: Videora converter.
Just rip the DVD with DVD decrypter and then convert with Videora. If you need help finding these programs, Please post again :D i hope this helps.