IRC Client in the App Store?

Decibel9M3

Bronze
Jul 13, 2007
Has anyone come across an IRC client in the App Store yet?

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
that would be sick
i have a feeling that there wont be stuff like that because its not as easy to put an app in the store as it was in the installer

arothman

Bronze
Jul 28, 2007
People still use IRC? Damn... I thought that went out of style with button shoes!

Decibel9M3

Bronze
Jul 13, 2007
Yes, I still use it and ColloQ was the most used app on my jailbroken phone.

Decibel9M3

Bronze
Jul 13, 2007
Well, ColloQ is in the works for 2.0 jailbreak.

http://code.google.com/p/colloq/

I haven't been able to get bitchX working. I'm not real familiar with Terminal. :(

Anyone seen any IRC clients in the App Store yet?

Alexander

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2007
Atlanta
People still use IRC? Damn... I thought that went out of style with button shoes!
EiC has an IRC Chatroom, you can find information on it floated in Off-Topic. That's all I use it for.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
I really hate threads with misleading titles like this, especially when it is a subject of which I'm particularly interested.

Put a question mark on it if it's not a statement. Thanks!

edit: Like Macgirl did for you. Thanks, hon!

Decibel9M3

Bronze
Jul 13, 2007
I really hate threads with misleading titles like this, especially when it is a subject of which I'm particularly interested.

Well, what exactly did you think I meant? :confused: Did you think I was stating that there is an IRC Client in the App Store? I would assume the only reason you would do that, is because you did not read the entire thread title....

I understand what you are saying. I guess I could have put "Is there an IRC Client in the App Store?"

But really.....was it that big of an inconvenience to you? (Yes, that is a question) I apologize for misleading you and causing any confusion which may have led you to click on this thread, which in turn was not at all what you expected. But then again, maybe it wasn't such an inconvenience....you took the time to post a reply to whine about it.

:rolleyes:

Oh and thanks Cliffman (Not a question) They must have just added IRCm. I didn't see it before.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Well, what exactly did you think I meant? :confused: Did you think I was stating that there is an IRC Client in the App Store? I would assume the only reason you would do that, is because you did not read the entire thread title....

I understand what you are saying. I guess I could have put "Is there an IRC Client in the App Store?"

But really.....was it that big of an inconvenience to you? (Yes, that is a question) I apologize for misleading you and causing any confusion which may have led you to click on this thread, which in turn was not at all what you expected. But then again, maybe it wasn't such an inconvenience....you took the time to post a reply to whine about it.

Easy, there.... call off the dogs. All I'm saying is, when people are waiting for something (like I am.... and apparently you are, too), they get excited seeing a thread title such as this. Only to be disappointed.

Will I lose sleep over this tonight? Not likely. Just please make a note of it and move on. I have. :D

And welcome to the forum. Try not to take things so hard, ok? We're all friends here.

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com

edit: Like Macgirl did for you. Thanks, hon!
No problem! I read the thread title the same way you did and felt it would be misleading to others as well.

Decibel9M3 said:

No need for hostility here, please. The thread title as originally written was easy to misinterpret.

Decibel9M3

Bronze
Jul 13, 2007
No problem! I read the thread title the same way you did and felt it would be misleading to others as well.

No need for hostility here, please. The thread title as originally written was easy to misinterpret.
Thanks Super Mod! :rolleyes: