iRealSMS JB Problem

Discussion in 'iPhone Jailbreak' started by abf4775, Jun 12, 2012.

1. abf4775

abf4775 Member
    Bronze

I have an iPhone 4 and had been using iRealsms successfuly for a long time as I was JB on 4.0.1. I recently upgraded to 5.1.1 I had saved all of my cydia stuff using pkgbackup and was able to restore my phone pretty much to the way I had it prior to the firmware upgrade. I have been having problems with iRealsms though. First I now have to swipe the Apple notification on the lockscreen to get my iRealsms window to display my incoming text msg. This is very different than the way iRealsms worked on version 4 firmware. Is there a way to get around having to swipe the Apple default sms notification? Secondly I have noticed an issue where any time I receive a sms msg with multiple recipients and I swipe to read the msg it causes my phone to boot into safe mode which I then have to restart to phone. This is a big annoyance for just trying to read or reply to a text msg. Has anyone else experienced something similar to this or found a fix for this? If the iRealsms app does not work anymore seamless than this it is a shame. I loved this app while on version 4 but it is now proving to be somewhat of a hassle now with the new firmware and new JB.

2. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I prefereed iRealSMS on 3.x and 4.x, but due to a lack of recent updates, it is buggy and not as functional as BiteSMS is on 5.x. I highly recommend switching apps at this point. Bite is stable and packed with features - I think you'll find that it's pretty awesome on 5.1.1. :)

Directions for enabling Apple style alerts/status bar messages can be found here:
    http://forums.everythingicafe.com/threads/bitesms-problem.61730/

#2 Europa, Jun 12, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  3. fijiman

fijiman Contributor
    Silver

I have to disagree with Europa.... I use iRealSMS it it does do what it says on the "can"...... I have had no problems with it...working fine on 5.1.1

4. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I was just posting my experience with it on 5.0.1, which was similar to the OP's on 5.1.1. I used iReal for about 2 years and loved it, but when I tried to run it on my 4S I found that some of the features didn't work, I couldn't get it to work with Apple style alerts (in the status bar) and it caused safe mode crashes.

Any suggestions for the problems the OP is experiencing with it?
    Have you tried reinstalling iReal or running Crash Reporter?

5. coop1701

coop1701 Zealot
    Silver

Hey guys.. This started for me a few night ago. I have had no issues with this jailbreak, until now. I am not sure if it's iReal or a App I loaded afterwards. But I rec'vd several texts in a row a few nights ago. One caused the phone to go to safe mode. After I rebooted all my Text Messages were gone. Every one of them.

Then last night, the same scenario. Once again rebooting from safe mode made all my texts disappear.

I uninstalled iReal and I'll see if it happens again. Just a odd one for me.

6. Craig Strong

Craig Strong New Member

Running iRealSMS in iOS 5.1.1

I've lost all of my messages three times in the last two weeks. Due to this I have lost several conversations with contacts whose numbers I had not yet saved in my address book. I have used my texts as a searchable database with years of messages to refer to. The restore button in iRealsms did nothing to restore my previous messages.

Does iRealSMS save multiple backups or just one? Besides the button in advanced settings, where do I find these backups?

Thanks.

Craig

7. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Have you tried opening the stock messaging app to see if your missing texts are still there? The texts actually go to both apps, you just don't get alerts on the stock app.

8. Craig Strong

Craig Strong New Member

Yes, they are missing in both. Uninstalled iRealSMS and checked, nothing. My uninstall might mean that any backups that iRealSMS had stored got wiped clean, too.

Where are the ratings in Cydia? If there were a conversation or feedback easily accessible about bugginess of iRealSMS I would have sprung for BiteSMS which is featured in Cydia but I'd paid for iRealSMS already...

9. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

There aren't app reviews in Cydia. I usually just Google the apps before installing them. You can email the developer here:
    support@irealsms.com He's in Germany. I've contacted him in the past and he replied within a reasonable amount of time.