iRealSMS PRoblem

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

coop1701

Zealot
Silver
Jun 30, 2007
There was 5 updates last night for me in Cydia. Activator, Action Menu and a few others. After picking them up. One of the 5 had a conflict with iReal. Every Text I got completely locked my phone.

Even rebooting didn't help, sometimes you could not clear the text message away before the phone locked back up. I finally got iReal uninstalled. But I wish I knew which update was causing the issue with iReal.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I just updated Action Menu, Activator and several other apps and iRealSMS is still working fine for me. I didn't have an iReal update available; I must have updated it last week. Try a hard reset. If that doesn't work, try running Crash Reporter.

coop1701

Zealot
Silver
Jun 30, 2007
I tried a hard reset. But every time the phone booted up, it locked itself. Europa, do you have iBlacklist? I think it may have something to do with that one.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
No, I don't have iBlacklist installed right now. You could try uninstalling iBlacklist and reinstalling iReal and see if that fixes it.

coop1701

Zealot
Silver
Jun 30, 2007
My problem was iBlacklist if you are running it. I found you can run one or the other, but not both. Some kindof incompatibility issue.

I decided to use BiteSMS until iReal gets fixed.

tom112089

Bronze
Jul 30, 2010
I know this goes in jailbreak forum but I'm not near a computer and I'm using the ieverything app.

Iv had irealsms for a long time like almost a year and never had any problems then today randomly out of nowhere it disappeared. Like my message app still says irealsms but it is not irealsms when I open it it is the regular message app and my quick reply and quick send are gone too. I did a respring a reboot a hard reset and even reinstalled then rebooted and it still is not there. Quick send and quick reply are the things most used on my phone and I need them back. Has this happened to anyone els? How can I fix this?
Thanks

raz1151

Mar 25, 2012
I am having the same problem. Rebooted/reinstalled/completely removed-rebooted-completely fresh install-rebooted and still not working. And yes I did update already to the latest version. Still, I cannot access the app at all. It won't even show up in settings. Only the stock windows messaging app is showing at all. The iRealSMS package does show as being installed in Cydia as well.

I just noticed this problem today and have been working at a fix with no luck. Any other ideas?

murph503

Mar 25, 2012
Mine did the same thing. I went to cydia did the upgrade and the irealsms icon appeared but did not replace my normal message app like it did the first time I installed it. So now I have two message app and new messages are not recognized by irealsms. Hope there is a fix for this.

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
Do you have PhotoAlbums + by chance? Not sure if it effects iReal or not, but the latest update,from Photoalbums+ is screwing with Messages app & BiteSMS. If you do, uninstall PhotoAlbum app and see if things work again.

fijiman

Contributor
Silver
Feb 13, 2011
UK
Mine did the same thing. I went to cydia did the upgrade and the irealsms icon appeared but did not replace my normal message app like it did the first time I installed it. So now I have two message app and new messages are not recognized by irealsms. Hope there is a fix for this.
The same with me....this is not an issue...if you want, you can use" poof" in SBSettings to hide the Message app.

Do you have PhotoAlbums + by chance? Not sure if it effects iReal or not, but the latest update,from Photoalbums+ is screwing with Messages app & BiteSMS. If you do, uninstall PhotoAlbum app and see if things work again.
PhotoAlbum+ not causing any issues with iRealSMS for me :)

Iv had irealsms for a long time like almost a year and never had any problems then today randomly out of nowhere it disappeared. Like my message app still says irealsms but it is not irealsms when I open it it is the regular message app and my quick reply and quick send are gone too. I did a respring a reboot a hard reset and even reinstalled then rebooted and it still is not there. Quick send and quick reply are the things most used on my phone and I need them back. Has this happened to anyone els? How can I fix this?
Thanks
Assuming you have a conflicting App/Tweak
If you have SBSettings installed try switch OFF every mobile substrate except iRealSMS. Check and see if it's functioning correctly...if working ok, slowly switch ON Mobile Substrates 5 at a time, rechecking to see if iRealSMS is still working ok every time. When it does fail you will know that one of the 5 Mobile Substrates is conflicting with iRealSMS. Narrow down the culprit and uninstall the app/tweak through Cydia.

raz1151

Mar 25, 2012
murph503 said:
Mine did the same thing. I went to cydia did the upgrade and the irealsms icon appeared but did not replace my normal message app like it did the first time I installed it. So now I have two message app and new messages are not recognized by irealsms. Hope there is a fix for this.​
The same with me....this is not an issue...if you want, you can use" poof" in SBSettings to hide the Message app.
This actually worked to fix my issue. For some reason my Springtomize app reversed the visibility settings for my iRealSMS and Messages apps.

Thanks!

ganrymk

Mar 25, 2014
Hello
I have the same problem with Tom112089, i already did all the actions as you wrote, but still not working the iRealSMS. There is not any conflicting app. Any idea how to fix this?

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Hello
I have the same problem with Tom112089, I already did all the actions as you wrote, but still not working the iRealSMS. There is not any conflicting app. Any idea how to fix this?
What firmware are you on? Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling it? If so, I would just use BiteSMS. It's had more support over the past year or so.

ganrymk

Mar 25, 2014
The firmware is 5.01 on iPhone4. I did. I tried to uninstalling and reinstalling more than 10 times(!)
Iv had irealsms for a long time maybe more than three years and never had any problems..
I will check the BiteSMS...