iRealSMS PRoblem

Discussion in 'Cydia Apps' started by coop1701, Oct 11, 2011.

1. coop1701

coop1701 Zealot
    Silver

There was 5 updates last night for me in Cydia. Activator, Action Menu and a few others. After picking them up. One of the 5 had a conflict with iReal. Every Text I got completely locked my phone.

Even rebooting didn't help, sometimes you could not clear the text message away before the phone locked back up. I finally got iReal uninstalled. But I wish I knew which update was causing the issue with iReal.

2. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I just updated Action Menu, Activator and several other apps and iRealSMS is still working fine for me. I didn't have an iReal update available; I must have updated it last week. Try a hard reset. If that doesn't work, try running Crash Reporter.

3. coop1701

coop1701 Zealot
    Silver

I tried a hard reset. But every time the phone booted up, it locked itself. Europa, do you have iBlacklist? I think it may have something to do with that one.

4. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

No, I don't have iBlacklist installed right now. You could try uninstalling iBlacklist and reinstalling iReal and see if that fixes it.

5. coop1701

coop1701 Zealot
    Silver

I'm doing that right now... Thanks Europa. I appreciate it.

6. flightmedic

flightmedic Member
    Bronze

I'm having the same issue. Thinking of going back to stock SMS or updating to iOS 5 tomorrow. I ran crash reporter but having trouble figuring the reports out.

7. coop1701

coop1701 Zealot
    Silver

My problem was iBlacklist if you are running it. I found you can run one or the other, but not both. Some kindof incompatibility issue.

I decided to use BiteSMS until iReal gets fixed.

8. tom112089

tom112089 Member
    Bronze

I know this goes in jailbreak forum but I'm not near a computer and I'm using the ieverything app.

Iv had irealsms for a long time like almost a year and never had any problems then today randomly out of nowhere it disappeared. Like my message app still says irealsms but it is not irealsms when I open it it is the regular message app and my quick reply and quick send are gone too. I did a respring a reboot a hard reset and even reinstalled then rebooted and it still is not there. Quick send and quick reply are the things most used on my phone and I need them back. Has this happened to anyone els? How can I fix this?
    Thanks

9. fijiman

fijiman Contributor
    Silver

Have you tried uninstalling iRealSMS from Cydia then reinstalling it again…?

10. sangamos

sangamos New Member

Mine did the same thing this morning. Go to cydia and upgrade works fine. Hope this helps

11. raz1151

raz1151 New Member

I am having the same problem. Rebooted/reinstalled/completely removed-rebooted-completely fresh install-rebooted and still not working. And yes I did update already to the latest version. Still, I cannot access the app at all. It won't even show up in settings. Only the stock windows messaging app is showing at all. The iRealSMS package does show as being installed in Cydia as well.

I just noticed this problem today and have been working at a fix with no luck. Any other ideas?

12. murph503

murph503 New Member

Mine did the same thing. I went to cydia did the upgrade and the irealsms icon appeared but did not replace my normal message app like it did the first time I installed it. So now I have two message app and new messages are not recognized by irealsms. Hope there is a fix for this.

13. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

Thread moved to the Cydia Apps section.

14. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

Do you have PhotoAlbums + by chance? Not sure if it effects iReal or not, but the latest update,from Photoalbums+ is screwing with Messages app & BiteSMS. If you do, uninstall PhotoAlbum app and see if things work again.

15. fijiman

fijiman Contributor
    Silver

The same with me....this is not an issue...if you want, you can use" poof" in SBSettings to hide the Message app.

PhotoAlbum+ not causing any issues with iRealSMS for me :)

Assuming you have a conflicting App/Tweak
    If you have SBSettings installed try switch OFF every mobile substrate except iRealSMS. Check and see if it's functioning correctly...if working ok, slowly switch ON Mobile Substrates 5 at a time, rechecking to see if iRealSMS is still working ok every time. When it does fail you will know that one of the 5 Mobile Substrates is conflicting with iRealSMS. Narrow down the culprit and uninstall the app/tweak through Cydia.

16. raz1151

raz1151 New Member

This actually worked to fix my issue. For some reason my Springtomize app reversed the visibility settings for my iRealSMS and Messages apps.

Thanks!

17. ganrymk

ganrymk New Member

Hello
    I have the same problem with Tom112089, i already did all the actions as you wrote, but still not working the iRealSMS. There is not any conflicting app. Any idea how to fix this?

18. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

What firmware are you on? Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling it? If so, I would just use BiteSMS. It's had more support over the past year or so.

19. ganrymk

ganrymk New Member

The firmware is 5.01 on iPhone4. I did. I tried to uninstalling and reinstalling more than 10 times(!)
    Iv had irealsms for a long time maybe more than three years and never had any problems..
    I will check the BiteSMS...