Iron Man this Friday...

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
So who's going to go see it? I just bought my tickets this afternoon. What can I say, I love hero movies, especially when it's about the heros I grew up reading.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
I'll see it. Looks pretty good.

- John

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Gee, I thought you were talking about doing a triathlon!

Alexander

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2007
Atlanta
Hm, I don't know the background so it doesn't interest me too much.

I'm also no sure how Downy will play out being a superhero, but that I could be wrong about.

Eragon

Zealot
Gold
Jan 8, 2008
Frederick, MD
I'll be seeing it. On my latest busuiness trip, I ripped and encoded the Marvel animated version of the movie. One word describes: Excellent.:)

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
It's gonna be great! I cannot wait till I get to be in a film!
<hint- Gary Busey tried to talk about it on inside edition>

Buffy

Zealot
Gold
Jan 20, 2008
sweet - been looking forward to this one! we'll be out of the country on vacation, though - will need to check it out when we get back...
I'm more interested in where you're going, and kinda excited for you! You should post some pics when you can.

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
not sure when i'll see it but i'll see it.
maybe i'll take a break this weekend from studying and see it.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I finally got around to seeing Iron Man and I have to say, I loved it. Easily one of the best movies I've seen this year and one of my favorite hero movies I've seen yet. Much better than the Spiderman franchise and loads better than the new Superman movie.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
Definitely. The wife and I have seen it 3 times now.
Opening Night, the following Morning, and then this past Tuesday. We will probably go see it at least 1 more time ( because it never gets old watching it!) and then wait for the DVD.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I was thinking of seeing it again tonight. It's definitely worth a repeat view in my opinion. What did you think of the short clip at the end of the film? I'm not too familiar with comics and whatnot, so what is this "Avenger Initiative" Sam Jackson spoke of?

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
I was thinking of seeing it again tonight. It's definitely worth a repeat view in my opinion. What did you think of the short clip at the end of the film? I'm not too familiar with comics and whatnot, so what is this "Avenger Initiative" Sam Jackson spoke of?
The Avengers was a Super Hero team lead by Captain America. There have been numerous roster changes over the years, but I think that the main ones are capt america, Iron Man, Hulk, and a couple others....I guess we will have to wait and see. I mean there is going to be at least 2 more Iron Man movies at this point.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Oh that's pretty exciting. I can't wait for the next Iron Man in the series. I'm kind of anxious about the new Incredible Hulk as well. It seems as if they are continuing the story from the failed Hulk with Eric Bana but they also seem to be absolving themselves from it completely, so I don't really know what to expect. I like Edward Norton so hopefully he'll be able to do better things for the series.

OCiBot

May 9, 2008
CO
Iron Man was one terrific movie! Great action; wonderful humor; outstanding cast! I might only see it once (retaining iPhone funds) on the big screen and I will own the DVD on the day it is released.