iRovr

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Demus

Jul 2, 2007
Kansas City, MO
Here is a neat little community for your iPhone. Its called irovr.com and you can update your page by emailing picture and text. You can flame me for spam if you want but I think this is a fun way to share our iPhone experience. I have no affiliation with the site in any way other than my profile.

minivini

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
I'm VERY hesitant to register on ANY site where my phone number is required. It doesn't even explain WHY it's necessary or have a link to any privacy practices.

No Thanks!

:mad:

OK, I did manage to find the "Terms of Service" page, but there is no clear reasoning behind the requirement to supply my phone number. Still passing on this one...

Demus

Jul 2, 2007
Kansas City, MO
Thank you. I did forget that they ask for your phone number. So perhaps this isn't the best site for everyone as far as people with privacy issues go. Personally I haven't had a single problem yet. I'll keep everyone updated.

iPhobos

Bronze
Jul 25, 2007
minivini you are totally missing out and probably more paranoid then you need to be but to each his own. Ill talk to the owner about the phone numbers purpose for you.

The Apple

Zealot
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
Indiana
Ok.....I just tried this out and it is a very good webapp. It is a little cumbersome at first, but it seems to have a lot of promise. Seems like a lot of iPhone users are using it also. I recommend giving this a go.

The Apple

Zealot
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
Indiana
I'm not even sure you have to put in a phone number now. I got started last night and I do not remember having to use a phone number. I dug up this thread instead of starting a new one on iRovr, just to limit the number of duplicated thread topics.