Irritating trend from some App developers

dcom

Zealot
Gold
Aug 7, 2007
Suwanee, GA
Anyone else notice how some Apps have a space as the first character in the name? The only reason the developers are doing this are so their app shows up higher in the list since the names are sorted alphabetically. Personally I think it's a lame attempt from the developers just to get theirs to show up in the first few pages of their category.

I'd like to see Apple change the App Store to trim the App names of any leading white space and give us the option to sort by name, rating, price, or developer name.

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
A lot of them did it in Installer.
IMO, not professional.

kisstine

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Northern California
Anyone else notice how some Apps have a space as the first character in the name? The only reason the developers are doing this are so their app shows up higher in the list since the names are sorted alphabetically. Personally I think it's a lame attempt from the developers just to get theirs to show up in the first few pages of their category.

I'd like to see Apple change the App Store to trim the App names of any leading white space and give us the option to sort by name, rating, price, or developer name.
That was totally bugging my husband earlier today. "WHY AREN'T THEY IN ALPHABETICAL ORDER?!"

It would definitely be a nice addition to be able to sort them using whatever criteria would aid a given search. Seems like something that could be coming down the pipe..

LAPTOP GAMER

Bronze
Mar 30, 2008
One annoying thing is sometimes they crash the i pod.

SmartAlx

Zealot
Gold
Jun 7, 2007
If Apple would give them/us a new apps section then maybe they wouldn't have to resort to such lame tactics.

Aug 2, 2007
Long Island N.Y.
It is annoying. I went through all the apps so far and when i wanna see whats new i hit the drop down menu and click "Release Date" instead of name, and then i only have a handful to check out.