IRS hacked

silvermoon

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 17, 2013
Washington
Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
What's unfortunate is that money people are in need of, people are going to have to wait for all of this to get situated which obviously will take a while.

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
What's unfortunate is that money people are in need of, people are going to have to wait for all of this to get situated which obviously will take a while.
If you'd take the time to read the article(s), the tax submission section is not affected. The site affected is for taxpayers to get transcripts of past tax returns.

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
If you'd take the time to read the article(s), the tax submission section is not affected. The site affected is for taxpayers to get transcripts of past tax returns.
Alright, well right now my families friend is having issues getting their money back from IRS.

CNN says "The crooks used about 15,000 of them to claim tax refunds in other people's names."

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Alright, well right now my families friend is having issues getting their money back from IRS.

CNN says "The crooks used about 15,000 of them to claim tax refunds in other people's names."
Is it possible that the problem your friend is having is completely unrelated to this breach?

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
Is it possible that the problem your friend is having is completely unrelated to this breach?
Any type of breach can cause issues, in this case getting money possibly. That's what this world is nowadays, issues can cause other issues sadly, even if it's unrelated to the breach.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Any type of breach can cause issues, in this case getting money possibly. That's what this world is nowadays, issues can cause other issues sadly, even if it's unrelated to the breach.
You just completely skirted the issue and my question. I wasn't asking for your opinion the state of the world. I asked a specific question about the possibility of his problem being unrelated.

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
You just completely skirted the issue and my question. I wasn't asking for your opinion the state of the world. I asked a specific question about the possibility of his problem being unrelated.
I am unsure if it is unrelated, but the IRS said that they would just have to wait, and even my parents said tonight to let them know about the breach.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I am unsure if it is unrelated, but the IRS said that they would just have to wait, and even my parents said tonight to let them know about the breach.
It is likely unrelated. There are a multitude of reasons that could delay a tax return. Maybe he prepared his taxes incorrectly and got flagged. When did he first notice a problem?

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
It is likely unrelated. There are a multitude of reasons that could delay a tax return. Maybe he prepared his taxes incorrectly and got flagged. When did he first notice a problem?
I don't have information as she is my parent's friend, but hopefully it is not related as companies can be tough to get through as far as getting their money etc etc.