is £70 ($140) too much for a new battery (fitted)

ozzystrong

Bronze
Nov 12, 2007
I recently posted that my iPhone had simply decided it doesn't work anymore apart from when on the charger (wall or usb) when i unplug it the screen fades out into white lines? Anyway i have managed to find a place near where i live that will take the job on of changing my battery which i'm sure must be the problem!

so is £70 ($140) too much for a new battery (fitted)

(i am unlocked so Apple isn't an option thanks.)

ozzystrong

Bronze
Nov 12, 2007
yeah it sounds kind of steep i found this site, it serves international users so you might want to check it out http://www.ipodjuice.com/8G-iphone-battery-service-1400mAh.htm
Yeah i thought it seemed steep too but here's my problem (i'm sure anyone on this site can relate with) if i send my iPhone to America to be repaired the turn-around could be 28 days and i have had a really hard 2 days without where as this place is reasonably local the man say it's expensive due to soldering etc which i suppose is fair enough. I have spent so much on this stupid phone i may as well have got it legit on o2 contract and had Apple replace it every time lol

phred26

Bronze
Feb 17, 2008
Oakville, ON, Canada
hm, yeah i can't live without my phone so i know how you feel, i guess you should just look a litte harder for another place but if you can't find one then you don't really have another choice even though it seems a little outrageous