Is 1.1.3 worth updating to? I have 1.1.1 and some mods...

NateEssex

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
NJ
I was wondering if the people who upgraded to 1.1.3 were happy or not with their choice.

I played with the NES and SNES roms and they're okay.

Sendsong to allow me to use any mp3 is probably the best app I have. I do use Customize a bit and Summerboard to tweak the UI.

Otherwise, that's it.

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
I was wondering if the people who upgraded to 1.1.3 were happy or not with their choice.

I played with the NES and SNES roms and they're okay.

Sendsong to allow me to use any mp3 is probably the best app I have. I do use Customize a bit and Summerboard to tweak the UI.

Otherwise, that's it.

It's a personal thing, I did because I knew there would be a new jailbreak, so it is no big deal.

There is a jailbreak for the 1.1.3 but the dev team is not going to release it until the SDK is released in Feb. So just stay where you are and enjoy what you got.:)

NateEssex

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
NJ
Follow up on 1.1.3 experience

It's a personal thing, I did because I knew there would be a new jailbreak, so it is no big deal.

There is a jailbreak for the 1.1.3 but the dev team is not going to release it until the SDK is released in Feb. So just stay where you are and enjoy what you got.:)
How do you find the new enhancements in the iPhone? Maps? web-short cuts from home page(s)?

I'm really curious how the developer's kits will impact the Installer app and the hacks....

GLiMKIV

Bronze
Sep 23, 2007
I guess no one on this forum went to 1.1.3? I can try another forum I guess....
I went to 1.1.3. I actually like it. The best thing about it is that you can now save your favorite links to your main screen. Oh yes, I did forget about having multiple screens as well, that is really cool too. I just move the not so much used apps to the next screen and put my favorites on the main screen. I am too waiting for SDK! :laugh2::laugh2:

So yes I think it's worth the update, especially if your not using too many 3rd party apps.

Hope this helps a bit.

Aug 28, 2007

you updated to 1.1.3? isn't the jailbreak going to be similar to "oktoprep"?

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
the update is only so-so. i don't really use any of the new features, but Safari does seem slightly faster.

I'd stick with 1.1.2 jailbroken... you're not missing much.

GLiMKIV

Bronze
Sep 23, 2007
the update is only so-so. i don't really use any of the new features, but Safari does seem slightly faster.

I'd stick with 1.1.2 jailbroken... you're not missing much.
To each their own obviously. I just wanted to state some of the good things about the 1.1.3 update. I personally have made use of the "add to main screen" function and the multiple contact sms. Soon enough there will be a jailbreak available. When I was on 1.0.2, I had quite a few 3rd party apps, but never really used a lot of them. So I decided to update. 1.1.3 is a bit faster with Safari and I have noticed at work where I can't pick up Wi-Fi that I have begun to pick up light Wi-Fi signals. So it's worth it to me.

Just my .02 cents. ;)

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
I say do it. SummerBoard works on 1.13 (and Customize for some people). I love using the wobbly icons instead of doing the arranging in Customize. Safari is much more solid for me, and I've used the Google Maps locator several times.

- John