Is 14 days enough to decide?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

raoser

Bronze
Jul 7, 2007
Just curious how people feel about the 14 day test drive period for the phone. Part of me wishes it were 30 because I would have liked the extra time to get used to the features and bugs. I'm sure Apple has to do this for logistical purposes and so people don't use it and return it without any intentions of keeping it. (I wonder how much they take in from the 50-60 dollar restocking fee?)

Did everyone else know for sure after 14?

ceiph

Aug 1, 2007
day one there was a 50-50 shot of returning it,
day two id say i was still 50-50
day 3 im probably closer to a 25% chance of returning it...

the phone grows on you. my two biggest issues is ideally i bought it too soon and should have saved more money but i think im good

the other issue is as much as i don't want to admit it, my blackberry could do the tasks i do on the iPhone (not youtube!)

but than you just see how easy and enjoyable everything is..

so yeah i think 14 days is easily enough time to decide.

GuyFawkes

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
The phone is really easy to use and you should know in a few days if you like it or not. The 14 days is there to take into account that you might buy it, but not actually do anything with it right away or give it as a gift. The features of the phone are pretty easy to use so it should be pretty easy to decide if it is for you pretty quickly.

I would suggest you take the time to look at all the ads on the Apple site, take the iPhone tour, and the Finger Tips tutorials before you pull the trigger. Ask questions before you buy. No reason to be like so many others that come on the forum and complain about missing features that you should know about before making the purchase. Be informed before you buy.

Good luck with your phone shopping.

GuyFawkes

todd1010

Bronze
Jul 15, 2007
I think the 14 days is plenty but after about 20 days I really only wanted to get the 8gb. So I think or wish it was 14 day return/exchange and a 30 day exchange for upgrade.