Is 8gb Model Heavier than 4gb?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Jul 16, 2007
A few reviews and forum postings (on iLounge, yahoo) that claim that the 8gb phone is actually heavier than the claimed 4.8 oz., indicating it's really 5.2 oz.. They also hint the stated 4.8 oz specification may be only for the 4gb model, implying that the 8gb model is thereforee a little heavier.

Can anybody confirm with precision if the 8gb and 4gb models weigh exactly the same amount down to the gram? Or is the 8gb in fact heavier?

TrippalHealicks

Gold
Mar 2, 2007
I guess it's entirely possible. But, with a drive this small to begin with, and even going by those specs you posted, you would probably be hard-pressed to actually feel the difference between the two.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
A few reviews and forum postings (on iLounge, yahoo) that claim that the 8gb phone is actually heavier than the claimed 4.8 oz., indicating it's really 5.2 oz.. They also hint the stated 4.8 oz specification may be only for the 4gb model, implying that the 8gb model is thereforee a little heavier.

Can anybody confirm with precision if the 8gb and 4gb models weigh exactly the same amount down to the gram? Or is the 8gb in fact heavier?
Welcome to EiP!

It's pretty heavy in your hand, but it's nothing that will wear your arm out using it.

I guess you'll have to wait until someone responds with a good set of triple beams before you get your answer. ;)

alb0zf1n3st

Silver
Jul 2, 2007
Physically you cant notice the weight difference its near impossible a guy at my job got the 4gb dunno why lol.. Once you scale it then you will notice ...

Lips2000

Bronze
Jun 4, 2007
Houston, TX
Not sure what the 4Gig *actually* weighs but I did put my 8Gig on the scale and...

drum roll please...

It *does* weigh more!

5.1 oz. to be exact. Not a huge difference. Imperceptible to most but it is heavier than the published 4.8 oz.

There you go...

Mark