Is all hope lost for typical/basic functions?

Listerman

Bronze
Sep 4, 2007
After having an iPhone v1 and now my iPhone 3G I feel all hope is lost for even the basic features flip phones come with. I waited for the iPhone 3G on launch day, yes I love it over my old iPhone v1 but I am starting to loose interest...

List of functions I want to see:
-Ability to forward/save/resend SMS messages
-MMS
-Ability to send email details to a new calendar entry
-Video support
-Use iPhone as storage device

Anyone think we will ever see any of these implemented or should I start looking at the competition?

Picazzo

Zealot
Gold
Jan 21, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
After having an iPhone v1 and now my iPhone 3G I feel all hope is lost for even the basic features flip phones come with. I waited for the iPhone 3G on launch day, yes I love it over my old iPhone v1 but I am starting to loose interest...

List of functions I want to see:
-Ability to forward/save/resend SMS messages
-MMS
-Ability to send email details to a new calendar entry
-Video support
-Use iPhone as storage device

Anyone think we will ever see any of these implemented or should I start looking at the competition?
If you jailbreak the iPhone, you'll get all your wishes..:)

Nov 10, 2008
I wanna jailbreak, but in my country, it's obscenly expensive do pay for repairs & stuff yourself, so I rely HEAVILY on the warranty with all my phones.

With the way Apple takes pleasure in wringing out the last coins from my (/our) wallet, like so many drops of blood from my limp helpless body, this probably rings even more true for the iPhone.

So I just can't afford to void my warranty and as I understand, this is a real risk with jailbreaking.

I won't lie though, the temptation is there, so how risky is it, really. And what are the spacific risks and are any of the problems reversable? P

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
To be honest, it's not very risky. I would venture a guess that less than .01% of jailbreakers experience irreversable problems.

Keep in mind, a fresh, unjailbroken iPhone is only a restore away.