Is Anybody Getting Anything Close To This?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

mjeagent

Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
Northern Virginia
Straight from Apple's website...

Maximum Battery Life

iPhone offers up to 8 hours of talk time,(1) 6 hours of Internet use,(2) 7 hours of video playback,(3) or 24 hours of audio playback(4) on a full charge at original capacity. In addition, iPhone features up to 250 hours of standby time.

Holy crap...250 hours of standby time...what are they smoking?
So, what they're trying to tell us is that if we leave our phone on (no calls, emails, ipod, etc.) in standby mode for over 10 days (24x10=240 hours), it will still have battery left. I don't think my would last much past 24-48 hours.
I know, I know, it says "maximum" battery life...but come on.

Aug 30, 2007
Ohio
I've definitely had 18+ hours iPod audio use without a need to recharge. However I always run with wifi and email off til I need them.

adseguy

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Full charge, never EVER touch the phone, directly next to a cell tower, call forwarding on, all other radios off, email manual.........I could see 10 days as a reality. Call forwarding being the biggest factor

To be honest I think all these numbers can be achieved, but with the minimalist of settings.

Jul 6, 2007
Marietta, GA
about.me
yah thats what i get...i use the ipod for about 2 MAYBE 3 hours total each day by itself, and about another 1 or so while using the inter net at the same time, about 4 hours using the internet by it self, about 2 or 3 calls per day (between 2 and 10 min.) i have yahoo push mail but check like every ten or so minutes sfter 3 pm. I also use wifi a lot and txt ALL DAY long. A lot of txting. So i usually get the 20% sign at around 9-10 ad thwn plug it in over night...im amazed with my battery life

arothman

Bronze
Jul 28, 2007
I charge overnight and then get a few hours of iPod and a bit of phone out of it each day. I've only run it down to empty once, and that was weird because I barely touched it that day and it just decided it was empty.

gregneedham

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
Yeah, with wi-fi off, no mail checking, I could see getting 10 days of standby time.

I have 5 mail accounts and the difference in battery life between checking every 15 and checking every hour is pretty substantial.

I, too, have been amazed by the battery life. For everything that I am doing, email, internet, music, texting and the occasional video, plus phone calls all day long, I get great battery life.

kbhark

Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
Yeah, with wi-fi off, no mail checking, I could see getting 10 days of standby time.

I have 5 mail accounts and the difference in battery life between checking every 15 and checking every hour is pretty substantial.

I, too, have been amazed by the battery life. For everything that I am doing, email, internet, music, texting and the occasional video, plus phone calls all day long, I get great battery life.

I could definitely see that it could last 10 days in standby. Right now i'm at 7hrs and 43mins usage and 3 days 5 hrs standby and my battery is at about 35%. That is with about 3hrs of ipod, 2hrs of safari(3/4 wifi and 1/4 EDGE), 1.5 hrs talk time, and the rest a mix between texting, wifi youtube, and camera. I would say that is pretty awesome battery life!

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
i DOUBLE DARE everyone(except me) to try it... >.>

but i hate it when i'm using safari during class and it almost loses 25% of its battery...

i charge it as much as possible anyway so i really don't have a problem, but i've come quite obsessive..