Is anyone else sick of all the F'n secrets?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
May 12, 2007
First off, Hello, I'm new here.
I'm just so sick of all the freakin secrets surrounding this I Phone.
It's coming out in a month and nobody wants to give you any info on the damn thing.
Is it so hard to give us a damned date? I make a decent living but when dropping almost $600.00 dollars w/ tax on a phone I would like to plan the budget a little.
If Apple doesn't want anything known about this thing then STOP HYPING US ON IT!
I walked into an ATT store today and asked about it and the woman acted like I was asking her for her measurements for christ sake!
Sorry for my 1st post being an angry rant, but what the hell?

May 6, 2007
United States
First off, Hello, I'm new here.
I'm just so sick of all the freakin secrets surrounding this I Phone.
It's coming out in a month and nobody wants to give you any info on the damn thing.
Is it so hard to give us a damned date? I make a decent living but when dropping almost $600.00 dollars w/ tax on a phone I would like to plan the budget a little.
If Apple doesn't want anything known about this thing then STOP HYPING US ON IT!
I walked into an ATT store today and asked about it and the woman acted like I was asking her for her measurements for christ sake!
Sorry for my 1st post being an angry rant, but what the hell?
Welcome to EI, first of all.

I understand that these rumors and secrets can get very agitating, but that is also part of the fun :laugh2:. It builds up hype and leaves room for us to post. It should all end soon, because if Apple stays on schedule, they have to launch in less than a month from today. And that means a maximum of four more weeks of rumors. Look for release date on June 11th at WWDC.

wot_fan

Silver
Mar 7, 2007
Chicagoland
web.mac.com
I understand your desire to know the details about the iPhone. I share it. But, I don't understand what you mean by the comment above. AFAIK, Apple hasn't "hyped" the iPhone since it was announced in January. The media has done that for them. Since January, the only thing to come out of Apple regarding the iPhone was the "Hello" commercial.

I guess what I am saying is that I don't think we really have cause to be angry with Apple. I believe they have kept many of the details about the iPhone secret to keep their competitors off balance. It has had the side affect of creating a lot of buzz and speculation in the media. Overall is has proven to be a great businesss decision. As much as I would like to know every detail about the iPhone, I can't blame Apple for making good businesss decisions ;).

May 12, 2007
I understand your desire to know the details about the iPhone. I share it. But, I don't understand what you mean by the comment above. AFAIK, Apple hasn't "hyped" the iPhone since it was announced in January. The media has done that for them. Since January, the only thing to come out of Apple regarding the iPhone was the "Hello" commercial.

I guess what I am saying is that I don't think we really have cause to be angry with Apple. I believe they have kept many of the details about the iPhone secret to keep their competitors off balance. It has had the side affect of creating a lot of buzz and speculation in the media. Overall is has proven to be a great businesss decision. As much as I would like to know every detail about the iPhone, I can't blame Apple for making good businesss decisions ;).
I guess you have a point, Apple has not really hyped the phone.
I don't need to know every detail about the phone, just the release date would be nice.

RyanFavre

Bronze
Mar 16, 2007
Milwaukee
My personal opinion on the lack of a release date is that Apple wants to get it out in June like they said they would but aren't sure if it can be done at this point.

Once Apple is sure that the iPhone is ready for june they will announce it. If it looks like they won't be able too, they'll announce a delay.

Somekid231

May 31, 2007
I sort of agree with both points - it is fun to get caught up the hype and the excitement of not really knowing what the actual iPhone experience is going to be. But on the other hand, I hate the feeling of when I go into the store to buy it I am going to have to ask the sale clerk a MILLION (and probably dumb) questions regarding the iPhone because Apple has sort of been hush hush on REAL details.
So all in all, I just feel bad for the employees who are going to have to deal with us tech geeks asking them god knows what about every iThing the iPhone has to offer. :p

ATTingular

Bronze
May 27, 2007
Well I think they are just waiting for Steve to talk about it at the open of WWDC I hope. I talked to a few AT&T stores today and they all said the 15th.
As I said in an earlier thread:

June 15th is a speculated date, no one at the store level knows the release date yet. Where 15 came from was a memo to all retail staff informing them that no employee will be allowed to take a vacation from June 15 to July 15, due to the iPhone and summer sales in general. This is not the release date...

robhon

Silver
Mar 17, 2007
At the risk of being slightly crude, I think all the iPhone anticipation is a little like going out with a REALLY REALLY hot date. She's dressed to kill, and it's killing you! You're sitting across the table in the restaurant trying to sound witty and kind but, when you come right down to it you're only thinking about one thing, and one thing only. Getting your hands.... okay, I probably better shift from simile to metaphor mode...

All you want to do is get home, tear off the packaging and get your hands on that sweet little touch screen. And it can't happen fast enough. Am I right? :cool:

May 6, 2007
United States
At the risk of being slightly crude, I think all the iPhone anticipation is a little like going out with a REALLY REALLY hot date. She's dressed to kill, and it's killing you! You're sitting across the table in the restaurant trying to sound witty and kind but, when you come right down to it you're only thinking about one thing, and one thing only. Getting your hands.... okay, I probably better shift from simile to metaphor mode...

All you want to do is get home, tear off the packaging and get your hands on that sweet little touch screen. And it can't happen fast enough. Am I right? :cool:
Hehe, great explanation :laugh2:. And it's like we can almost reach her, but not quite :D

gsxr370

Apr 12, 2007

you are exactly right... I just would like to know some detail about the phone.Like, can I put my contacts in the phone the same way I do with the ipod. I have lots of questions that i would like answered so that I can be ready for it when it comes out.

JeffBobula

Bronze
Apr 20, 2007
Madison, Wisconsin
At no risk of sounding crude...since it is...Im hoping for the best "hand job" of my life on my birthday! (15th) But still, I am rationalizing the 29th. It just makes sense. Sorry, my birthday posts are annoying, but having the greatest gadget come out on it would be mind blowing.

And I know ATT employees can't take off June 15-July15...but the 29th is smack dab in the middle of all that, which seems like an adequate buffer zone for it coming out. It is strange that the store I talked to got the "company wide email release of the 29th" and it doesn't sound like ATTingular did...

So at this point, who really knows? Just 10 days till we get a date!

robhon

Silver
Mar 17, 2007
you are exactly right... I just would like to know some detail about the phone.Like, can I put my contacts in the phone the same way I do with the ipod. I have lots of questions that i would like answered so that I can be ready for it when it comes out.
Yeah, but if you move too fast like that you'll NEVER get her back to your place. The magic is in the mystery. :)

May 6, 2007
United States
At no risk of sounding crude...since it is...Im hoping for the best "hand job" of my life on my birthday! (15th) But still, I am rationalizing the 29th. It just makes sense. Sorry, my birthday posts are annoying, but having the greatest gadget come out on it would be mind blowing.

And I know ATT employees can't take off June 15-July15...but the 29th is smack dab in the middle of all that, which seems like an adequate buffer zone for it coming out. It is strange that the store I talked to got the "company wide email release of the 29th" and it doesn't sound like ATTingular did...

So at this point, who really knows? Just 10 days till we get a date!
Haha I like the similes and metaphors on this thread. It would be awesome for the iPhone to be released on the 15th, for multiple reasons. The first being that I could get it sooner, and secondly, you would be ecstatic on your birthday :D.

I too, though, see the 29th as more fitting to the evidence we have gotten. I think for sure it will be either the 15th or the 29th. We will have to wait and see, but not for too long now. Hopefully the date will come in 10 days, as you said. I will be extremely angry if it doesn't and these rumors have to keep up :laugh2:.

But hey, it keeps us posting :)

rpbphoto

May 10, 2007
I just want to know about the data plan

All the hype is 100% Apples way of doing things. We know what the phone is going to cost . I am just worried that the data plan is going to cause me to pass. I have planned ahead for the cost of the phone but if the phone data plan goes above $30 I'll probably have to opt out and get a phone like the Sony Ericsson w810i for $69 with a less expensive data plan. I just cannot justify giving AT&T $900 over the next two years.

RB

Spin This!

Silver
May 4, 2007
I have planned ahead for the cost of the phone but if the phone data plan goes above $30 I'll probably have to opt out
Yeh me too.... I'm not going to pay for a mandatory data plan I'll barely use.

Everyone expecting the iPhone to be the greatest phone ever are going to be severely disappointed. It's only a gadget! Now I'm a gadget fan as much as anyone else on here, I'm also a realist...

wot_fan

Silver
Mar 7, 2007
Chicagoland
web.mac.com
Yeh me too.... I'm not going to pay for a mandatory data plan I'll barely use.
Out of curiosity, why do you think you would barely use a data plan? Are you not planning to use email, widgets or to browse or do you expect to use wifi in place of a data plan?

I have been trying to decide what I will do if the unlimited data plan for the iPhone is too expensive. Assuming AT&T allows it, I am considering doing without a data plan (I have no interest in a limited data plan) or giving up on the iPhone entirely. I really hope that I don't have to make this decision, but until we know for sure what options are available I can't help but think about it.

Spin This!

Silver
May 4, 2007
I really hope that I don't have to make this decision, but until we know for sure what options are available I can't help but think about it.
That makes at least two of us... ;) I must be a fanboy.. it's getting harder and harder to concentrate each day!

do you expect to use wifi in place of a data plan?
yes, pretty much. I don't use too much internet outside of work and home... and I usually make most of my calls from work (where they pay for it anyway). I really was only expecting a phone with iPod capabiilties but Apple really delivered a lot more than I would have guessed. Wi-Fi and Mac OS X/widgets really sold me on the iPhone... but I really hope a data plan is not mandated. I was expecting to get the least expensive AT&T plan (more than $39/month after taxes) but with all the talk of pre-paid and no contract, I'm leaning that way.