Is anyone have an iPhone app spending addiction?

Deedubau

Bronze
Jul 10, 2007
I need to stay away from the app store. Apple has made it really easy and intuitive to buy something and use it in a matter of seconds :/ I must have purchased at least 50 apps so far and it's never going to end.........anyone else have this problem?

jptolife

Silver
Jul 15, 2007
New York City
I know what you are saying! I have 63 apps, a lot of those are free but a lot of them are not. It is just so easy to do and I am a compulsive buyer :(

I need to stay away too. :(:(:(:(:(

jarofclay73

Zealot
Gold
Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
I'm resisting "useless" apps like PocketGuitar which is fun and interesting but in the long run, not very useful.

I have bought some very premium apps like Beatmaker, Crash Bandicoot, Asphalt 4, Twittelator Pro, Datacase, and MLB At-Bat. The rest are either free or very cheap.

eye-Fone

Zealot
Gold
Jul 5, 2008
Sunny, southern California.
...anyone else have this problem?
I have an AppStore addiction problem. The only good thing about it is that 95% of the apps I download are free! :D

I have paid for a few apps. If the app appears to be good, has good reviews (3-1/2 stars or higher), and if I need it, I'll pay for it.

The "if I need it" phrase is key. :)

By the way, my ratio of "free downloaded apps-to-deleted apps" is about 75%. In other words, I've since deleted about 3/4 of the free apps I downloaded. Either I got tired of them, or they simply became unstable, or I haven't used them in weeks.

Owgasm

Bronze
Jul 12, 2008
mostly free ones.
Crash, Texas, Monkey, Spore - all sorta free in a way... vouchers :)

iksn

Silver
Aug 7, 2008
Near Las Vegas
The really good thing about having had a Blackberry first is with a Blackberry, you had to be careful to not waste space and resources with useless apps. That habit has carried over even though the iPhone has plenty of room for lots of useless apps if one was so inclined. I also can't justify spending money on apps I don't really need.
I have 11 apps that I felt I had to have, and they are all free. I won't mind spending money on an app if I feel I have to have it, but so far, all the apps I had to have were free.

FlwrPwer

Evangelist
Gold
Aug 7, 2008
Montgomery, NY
I have 26 apps and they're all free. I refuse to pay money for an app. Usually a free version comes along.

I'm also not a big iPhone gamer, so I don't need the "complicated" games. My solitaire, sudoku, reversi games work just fine for me.

PapaST

Bronze
Sep 10, 2007
lol... i make it so I have to input my password each time I buy an app. That way it makes it 1 step harder. Believe it or not it actually kind of works. They definitely make it easy to buy them.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
I just upgraded to 2.1 from 1.1.4 on Friday, so my time has been limited. So far, here's what I've chucked bucks at:

Cro Mag Rally (great)...$2
Thereminator (awesome)...$3
Pocket Piano (waste of money... horrible)... $3
Rooms (gotta haves me IRC)... $1
300 Bowl (I'm a sucker for bowling games. I like it)...$3

Sooo... so far, in 2 days, $12. I drink that much in a blink when I go out to a bar, so that is money well spent, IMO.

Just keeping it all in perspective ;)