Is anyone pre-ordering the iPhone 5c on Thursday

Discussion in 'iPhone 5C' started by chris, Sep 10, 2013.

1. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

With plans to review both the iPhone 5s and iPhone 5c, I guess I have to figure out a way to grab an iPhone 5c. Still not sure if that happens on Thursday when pre-orders go up. I'll be at the Apple Store the following week for the 5s, so will grab one there. I might hold off a week or two, allow myself a bit of time with iPhone 5s, so I can review that phone.

I wish the non-subsidy price wasn't $549. I though it would be around $449 and even at that price, I thought it would be high. I guess the c does not stand for cheap.

If you are pre-ordering, drop in this thread. Color, storage. Give us the details!

2. The Professor

The Professor New Member

I want a green one but I want to hold the phone to see how it feels

3. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

From everything I have read from people who have gone hands-on, it feels 'solid'. I can definitely understand wanting to feel it before purchase.

4. flatbacks21

flatbacks21 Member
    Bronze

So what does that mean for the iPhone 5? Is the 5C going to phase out the 5? The Apple store only had the 5S, 5C, and 4S..

Sent using iCafe app

5. The Professor

The Professor New Member

that's exactly what I want to hear but have to feel for myself. I don't want to feel like I can break the plastic in half or sit on it too hard and have it break. I ride a motorcycle so I use my current iPhone for music and taking calls but sometimes rocks hit my arm pocket the phones in or i lay my jacket down too hard while the phone is still in it. See I have a case on my iPhone 5 now which protects it but how would an aftermarket case do on a plastic phone? I feel like just snapping it into a case already might be too much pressure against the plastic.

6. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

Yes, the iPhone 5 is 'no more'.

7. trnsilver

trnsilver Zealot
    Gold

I'm pre-ordering a 5C. My mom wants an iPhone and has never had one before. There's really no reason to get her the 4S and have her be that far behind nor is there a good reason to spend $100 more and get her the new 5S.

So I'm going to try to pre-order the 5C for her tonight, white, 16 GB.

And then on Sept. 20 I'll cop a black 32 GB 5S for myself.

8. ITS ME DAVID

ITS ME DAVID Evangelist
    Gold

Gonna wait for the 20th and see them in person