Is Apollo more stable now?

gcvt

Zealot
Gold
Jun 21, 2007
San Francisco
I've been using MobileChat forever now and was thinking about trying Apollo. A while back I was reading that Apollo wasn't very stable and crashed a lot. Have these problems been fixed? Haven't read much about Apollo lately.

Thx.

Sep 29, 2007
I always thought Apollo was more stable than Mobichat and also offered more features such as being able to see Away Messages without actually clicking on the name. Apollo and Mobichat are made more stable with another application called John Tool which counteracts the power saving mode of the summerboard. Download JohnTool, click on it, you will hear a nose and that means it worked. Apollo/Mobichat should work better after this but of course when using Safari/Ipod/Camera, and many things you may lose connection, but I will say I notice a difference with JohnTool.

xSoNiCcRaCkErSx

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
Apollo crashes a lot more than mobilechat from my experience, plus the makers of Apollo have basically shelved the project, there not going to be working on it as much as it needs to be, its no longer a primary focus.