Is Apple Allowed To Activate An iPhone Under PAYG?

Pimpboy51

Bronze
Sep 18, 2007
Orlando, Florida
I wanted to know this because when I first got my 3G it was jailbroken and I restored it before taking it into the store. They replaced it, but the guy activated it under my PAYG sim? I was shocked and expected them to tell me how I got that sim on there. He had to replace my phone 2x because the 1st replacement didn't want my sim, the 2nd one activated pretty fast and I left the store with a non jailbroken pay as you go iPhone. Has anyone had this happen before?

Mar 21, 2008
ya know, i was told that you could put your prepaid sim in the iPhone 3G and use it but it would be under Edge, well.. i bought a used 3G from ebay, got it in the mail and stuck my sim from my iPhone 1st gen into the 3G and BAM.. i've been using the iPhone 3G (with 3G service) since Feb! and AT&T are aware of it because i've called them about visual voicemail not working as it should and they told me "well, that's probably because you're not supposed to be using the 3G on the pay as you go plan".. i told them that i could live with no visual voicemail, not to touch anything on my account! lol... so.. yeah, i guess it IS possible!

Pimpboy51

Bronze
Sep 18, 2007
Orlando, Florida
Yah I bought y first 3G used. My sim didn't work so I had to jailbreak it. And my 2nd 3G was activated at the store. I don't have an Internet plan because my house and school are wifi wired.