Is Apple still doing replacements for v1's?

dwp1975

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
Rockville, MD
I just came across a pristine sealed v1 iPhone that I got from craigslist. It came with the iDay bag as well and until I upgraded it was running firmware 1.0. If I have any issues related to 1st batch phones what is my course of action?, I checked the warranty on the online repairs site and it said the warranty expired.

aenti

Zealot
Gold
Jul 8, 2008
Maryland
I just came across a pristine sealed v1 iPhone that I got from craigslist. It came with the iDay bag as well and until I upgraded it was running firmware 1.0. If I have any issues related to 1st batch phones what is my course of action?, I checked the warranty on the online repairs site and it said the warranty expired.
You are a lucky man, you know that right?

SEALED v1? If you don't mind me asking, how much?
PS- I would kill to find a find like that. PM me if you ever find another, lol?

danipoak

Silver
Dec 13, 2007
Not Alaska
I think you answered your own question. If the warranty is expired then you are on your own.:)
Apple care isn't an option after like a week of purchasing an Apple product if I'm not mistaken. Correct me if I'm wrong though because I'll buy it tomorrow!

dwp1975

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
Rockville, MD
You are a lucky man, you know that right?

SEALED v1? If you don't mind me asking, how much?
PS- I would kill to find a find like that. PM me if you ever find another, lol?
Found it on Craigslist for $350, I feel like I ruined it but upgrading it to 2.1 lol. I should of taken a screenshot of the FW version when it was still at 1.0 :p

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
Found it on Craigslist for $350, I feel like I ruined it but upgrading it to 2.1 lol. I should of taken a screenshot of the FW version when it was still at 1.0 :p
Yes you should've!

If I had found a brand new V1 on 1.0, and I already had my 3G, I wouldn't have updated it. To me, it would seem kind of cool like that... Idk, just me I guess.