Is AppleCare+ for iPhone 4S worth it?

Discussion in 'iPhone 4S' started by healthcare, Nov 8, 2011.

1. healthcare

healthcare New Member

Is it worth it for the iPhone4s? What is the cost and conditions? Any limitations? I don't normally get insurance for things but it sounds like it may be worth it if it covers accidents? Your thoughts, thanks.

#1 healthcare, Nov 8, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2014
  2. verwon

verwon Evangelist
    Gold

It's $99 for 2 years and includes 2 instances of accidental damage at $49 each for replacements.

Sent from my iOS ecosystem!

3. gotzaiPhone

gotzaiPhone Zealot
    Gold

I got it because I have heard that Apple is not going to be as generous as they were before with replacing phones with broken glass. So I get two replacements at 49 bucks a pop instead of 200 (what Apple charges to replace if they don't comp you) and I get an extended warranty too. Not that I have ever dropped my phone to the point of replacement, but now I don't have to worry.

4. chazm

chazm Contributor
    Silver

I never get it because you get a 1 year warranty with the phone already and that's about as long as I keep my iPhone. Doesn't cover water damage either.

Not sure about the issue of them not replacing broken screens. My roommate just got his replaced about 2 weeks ago

5. gotzaiPhone

gotzaiPhone Zealot
    Gold

Apple care+ does cover water damage ;). Just doesn't cost lost or stolen.

The old Apple care didn't cover water damage though.

6. glsda

glsda Zealot
    Gold

Rhetorical question. Which is the least costly mistake to make, to have Applecare and not need it or to need it and not have it?

7. verwon

verwon Evangelist
    Gold

That's exactly why I got it!

Sent from my iOS ecosystem!

8. glsda

glsda Zealot
    Gold

Ditto.

Update

Last week the volume adjustment on my iPad stopped working, it was barely audible. I called Applecare went through a brief diagnostic process with the rep. and he said we need to replace your iPad. He gave me several options and I chose to drive to the Apple Store in Modesto, 30 minutes away. I had an appointment set up for 1:30 Sunday, showed up and in 15 minutes was out of there with a replacement. I purchased my iPad in July of 2010. It would have cost me approximately $400 plus to get it fixed if I had not had Applecare. I didn't want to spend any money on it since I am hoping the iPad 3 will come out in 2012.