Is AppleCare Plus worth it for iPhone 6?

Discussion in 'iPhone 6' started by Robin Helene Hébert, Oct 25, 2011.

1. Robin Helene Hébert

Hi folks. Do we really need this? O know that if youre out of warranty to replace the phone is 149 so thats the cost of the plan and the deductible....and its just for one year.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

2. dturner

dturner Zealot
    Gold

I never do "extended warranties" but you will get tons of replies that swear by Apple Care.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

3. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I don't usually buy it, but I did buy it this year because I'm guessing that Apple is going to stop doing the one-time free replacement for accidental damages. It also extends the manufacturer's warranty from 1 year to 2 years and tech support from 3 months to 2 years.

4. Bitewound

Bitewound Evangelist
    Gold

I bought it for the first time for this new iPhone . It's getting a bit harder to just go in and complain about battery etc. and just swap out your phone.

5. Caliphone

Caliphone Member
    Bronze

I bought it for the first time. Hopefully I won't need it, never have before, but I kinda felt like it was just worth the hundred bucks to not have to worry so much about dropping a phone. Plus I can start a fresh battery in 2 years when it turns into the kids iPod.

6. ivantwilliams

ivantwilliams Evangelist
    Gold

I've always gotten one for my iPhones and iPads. But, with my iPhone 4S pending, I don't think I will...

7. Robin Helene Hébert

Well if you happened to have lots of accidents it would be worth it but I might still get it for the peace of mind.

8. ivantwilliams

ivantwilliams Evangelist
    Gold

I just went to look into it for the iPhone 4S, and it seems you MUST purchase it when you purchase your iPhone.

I ordered mine from AT&T, I wonder if I can still somehow get the Apple Care for it.

9. Robin Helene Hébert

Yes you are allowed until Nov 13

10. dturner

dturner Zealot
    Gold

What? I wasn't required to get it.

Sent from my iPad using iCafe app

11. katelynneemma

katelynneemma Evangelist
    Gold

I believe that meant if you wish to purchase it it must be done when you buy the phone.

12. ivantwilliams

ivantwilliams Evangelist
    Gold

...on the Apple website, you can't add it to the cart currently.

There are two different Apple Care+ showing for $99. One shows 'in stock', yet no add to cart option, and the other shows, 'coming in November'.

Odd...

13. dturner

dturner Zealot
    Gold

Ah, OK

Sent from my iPad using iCafe app

14. Robin Helene Hébert

I found out that the people who bought the phones from ATT have until Nov. 13 to buy Apple care plus.

15. Jill1228

Jill1228 Member
    Bronze

I swear by Apple Care!

16. Josh Yates

Josh Yates Contributor
    Silver

For what you get, $99 is a small price to pay for peace of mind. Dropping phones, iPads, MacBooks can happen EASILY. The cost of repair is larger than AppleCare plus deductible.

17. ZR_Yancy

ZR_Yancy Genius
    Gold

I never do Apple Care. My Statefarm agent allows me to add Personal Articles Policy for my iPhone. $69 annual. No deductible. Covers everything. If you have a Statefarm policy, call your agent and ask if they offer Personal Articles Policy.

http://www.statefarm.com/insurance/other/personal.asp

18. Josh Yates

Josh Yates Contributor
    Silver

I used to do that too. GREAT plan. However, it was cancelled in Michigan just after I bought our iPhone 4's. Had to get AppleCare+ on my 4S & iPad 3. My wife's iPhone 4 is the last on that policy and will drop once she inherits my 4S. They no longer cover phones or tablets in MI. Total bummer.

However, my wife's wedding ring IS still covered and when she lost her diamond earlier this year, she got it replace with no out of pocket expense. :) (No, I didn't get dropped because of the claim. They don't cover them anymore & I have two cars & my home through them.)

19. cheekymeeko

cheekymeeko Member
    Bronze

I noticed that Applecare + covers damages but if the phone is lost, stolen, etc. how would it get replaced? I plan on buying a 64GB unlocked factory phone from Apple, and not have a contract how can I protect myself from not having to spend all that money all over again?

20. Rugaby

Rugaby Genius
    Gold

Don't lose it!

There are third party company's that sell insurance for the iPhone.