Is AT&T Really this cowardly?

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
I wonder why AT&T just didn't remove the unlimited plan at Two year upgrade for everyone on it. The way they're going about it is creating an extreme negative view for the company. Trying to say that the network can't handle the top 5% using so much, but somehow if every smartphone user on AT&T used the 3gb limit it would be fine...
Wrong.

If every smartphone user used 3GB AT&T's network would collapse. It's obvious some do not want to accept that that is the reality of the situation right now.

Now comes the, "OMG how could those greedy SOBs sell 3GB plans and not expect everyone to use every single byte of it every single month?!" Well, they don't. That is just how it works.

Michael

Chancellor

Contributor
Bronze
May 28, 2011
Wrong.

If every smartphone user used 3GB AT&T's network would collapse. It's obvious some do not want to accept that that is the reality of the situation right now.

Now comes the, "OMG how could those greedy SOBs sell 3GB plans and not expect everyone to use every single byte of it every single month?!" Well, they don't. That is just how it works.

Michael

That's what I was implying, I wasn't clear I suppose. It was along the lines of "they're saying it would be fine." I was trying to say it would be 100xs worse If everyone used the 3gb limit.

JFN

Bronze
Jul 12, 2008
Nor Cal
Usually things don't change by themselves, and they a certainly not going to change by whats written here on this forum, if those here truly believe they are being abused by AT&T, then why don't you folks get a lawyer and file a c;ass action against AT&T.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Why is it ok for one poster, who clearly doesn't understand the issue, to taunt and taunt and taunt, then when someone retaliates, suddenly we get the Keep it civil flags? We see this happening on playgrounds around the world and the second kid always gets nailed.

Why do people go into a clearly
marked thread to gripe about the EXISTENCE OF THE THREAD. Why go in just to insult and taunt those who are venting? Stay out if it bugs you that much. It seems that some have no other agenda than to be obnoxious or to start arguments.

While I will miss all the unequaled technical expertise on this forum, I will not miss the intolerance and arrogance. Chris, thanks for creating a forum that has helped
me so much in the last few years. Dave, Kevin, Mindi, John, you are awesome mods who fight an uphill
battle constantly. I hope the new features make things easier for you.
The new features, down voting threads and post ratings, help the community self-moderate. I do hope that you'll stick around, utilize these new features and help improve our community. Neither myself or the great work of the moderators can create a perfectly moderated forum. Employing "community self-moderation" should certainly help the work they do in making this place more conducive to healthy conversation, discussion and debate.

Last edited:

mabbent

Oct 8, 2011
I don't know where you got that idea but it is incorrect.

Michael
Para-quoted from Europa's reply to my previous post. Even if the static is off by 75%, the rest of my point still tracks.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
I wonder if Sprint's cheaper plans are worth the switch... Maybe only after LTE iPhone comes out..
Depends on if they still offer truly unlimited plans. More importantly, how is the service in your area?

guest 5

Bronze
Jul 5, 2007
Depends on if they still offer truly unlimited plans. More importantly, how is the service in your area?
AT&T service in LA is not as good as Sprint.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
AT&T service in LA is not as good as Sprint.
If I were you, I'd keep an eye on their LTE rollout, which just started. Being in a major city, I'd suspect they'll have coverage by the time the new iPhone is released. Of course, I'm assuming it'll be an LTE iPhone, which I think is a pretty safe bet at this point.